2018 Civic Hatchback Sport

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport

Post by Spunkster »

The 2019's are not yet supported, but we are working on it and hope to have them supported very soon.

Modifying the boost would only void the warranty if the resulting increase in power and torque damaged the engine or gearbox. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson– ... rranty_Act

That has not been the case in over a year’s worth of hard testing on our own vehicle. We have had no reported problems from any of the many Civic/CRV/Accord customers we have sold FlashPros to.
Fluttershy93

Post by Fluttershy93 »

Hello... I plan on trading in soon for a hatchback sport.

Due to finance older the better... Does the hondata chip Support 2017 Hatch sport?

I live in USA / NY is that helps for region.. Uh I cant give you any numbers since I dont have the car yet.. But im looking for the hatchback sport what ever year the chip supports. if it was to be 18 ill try to find one..

I want to build the.. 'poor mans' Type R

I plan on getting the manual sport... Tuning it with hondata... getting the type-R body plastics and big wing from ABS Plastics company (including carbon fiber body panels hood trunk ect.. cold air intake... maybe even future upgrades to the turbo...

as I cant afford 40k for a car... and cant afford 'Sports Car' insurance.

So im looking for '17 '18's with 40/70k miles so i can buy it cheap.. and afford the after market parts.

_______
(my first time on this forum so apologies if this is the wrong place to ask somthing like this)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Yes it is supported.
Fluttershy93

Post by Fluttershy93 »

Spunkster wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 am Yes it is supported.
Hi appreceate the response. But out of curiosity what kind of boost (HP) would this increase? Would i need any seperate tuning done or this out of the box plug n play 50hp. (Or insert amount of what it gives you)

Or does it vary by car?

Cars rated for 180hp to -> what? After?

Sorry im very new still to cars and aftermarket stuff.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Details and dyno examples can be found at: https://www.hondata.com/products/flashp ... c?filter=6
Fluttershy93

Post by Fluttershy93 »

Spunkster wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:21 pm Details and dyno examples can be found at: https://www.hondata.com/products/flashp ... c?filter=6
Sweet... Even with low boost that's still not bad at all.

Thanks, youre the best!
IronGumby

Post by IronGumby »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:36 am The 2019's are not yet supported, but we are working on it and hope to have them supported very soon.
Hi @Spunkster can you advise whether 2019 Civic Hatch CVT's are supported that are not the Sport model? There is an EX Hatch for sale near me and I don't want to buy one of the like two Hondas you guys don't support :-P.

Thanks. I don't have the ECU number.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The only way to know for sure is to check the ECU part number on the website.