05 TSX flashpro ECU not detecting

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
Truedeal

05 TSX flashpro ECU not detecting

Post by Truedeal »

Hi, I've been reading these forums and seen this covered before but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

So I have a 05 auto tsx and I'm intending on running flashpro, I bought the flashpro and the can adapter, and a 37820-RBB-A71 ECU from LKQ.

During the can adapter installation I ran into some issues, my green dash connector already had wires occupying where the can adapter would go but were clipped off. So what I did was take off connector E from the ECU and soldered the green dash connector side into the harness(CanL & CanH) according to the service manual so I don't think there are issues on the green dash connector side.

Additionally however the obd2 connector itself is a little strange in that compared to the instructions for pins 1-8, they are numbered backwards on my dlc port( as in looking at the terminal side pin 1 is on the left, below Pin 16) , but 9-16 is correct. So ok no big deal I just ignored the labelling and pinned it to match the diagram.

But of course when you connect flash pro it shows that obd2 is connected although there is no vin, or no ECU detection. I need help 😔
Truedeal

Re: 05 TSX flashpro ECU not detecting

Post by Truedeal »

Naturally, 5 minutes after posting this I see that the flashpro connector pushed out the white can wire. Pushed it back in and now it reads...