PID calculations for flex fuel, oil pressure, and FPDC

ctrmofo

PID calculations for flex fuel, oil pressure, and FPDC

Post by ctrmofo »

Hi,
Could you provide the PIDs and calculation or formula to read ECT2 for flex fuel, oil pressure, and fuel pressure duty cycle on my gauge app that's BT connected to FlashPro? I've gotten IAT2, IAT, and ECT to work beautifully. Now just need flex fuel, oil pressure, and FPDC then I'm in heaven. Thank you.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: PID calculations for flex fuel, oil pressure, and FPDC

Post by Hondata »

They're not part of SAE J1979 so they don't have PIDs.

But if you are using BT then how are you communicating?
Hondata
ctrmofo

Post by ctrmofo »

I'm using 3 apps all BT connected to FlashPro:

1) Hondata mobile on head unit
2) Torque Pro with RacingMeter plugin on head unit
3) Hondata full paid app on iPhone in a dock

All 3 run at the same time beautifully, but Torque Pro/Racing Meter cannot display flex fuel, fuel pressure duty cycle, and gear like the 2 Hondata apps do. I want all 3 consistent showing those data points and flip from one to other anytime. Each are unique and have great features on their own.

Ex: RM has gear indicator but is calculated from car profile I entered with 6 gears, 10/17/23/32/40/50 mph for each gear at 2000 RPMs. They match up perfectly with Hondata apps on HU and on iPhone. However, Torque Pro can't show gears unless custom PID created then selected.

Ex: There's ethanol PID 0152: "Ethanol fuel %",0,100,%,A*100/255 but like you said that's on the standard PID list and wouldn't work anyway since FlashPro uses ECT2 as the 0-5V (Sirimoto/Innovate) analog signal to convert to %.

When Torque Pro starts up, it connects to OBD2 then scans the CAN bus.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I'm surprised that three devices can access the BT at the same time. How does Torque Pro get to the OBDII ? Via a dongle or through the FlashPro?

Honda doesn't support the 0152 PID.

We use a different protocol https://www.hondata.com/downloads/Bluetooth.pdf which has the ethanol.
Hondata
ctrmofo

Post by ctrmofo »

Yes, I’m very surprised myself and have shown and film this. Pretty cool actually.

Yes, TP connects to FP via BT and very quick also once you set up car and device profile in settings.

Thanks for the file. It’s very helpful and will look it over in detailed and report back if I find something that will work. For now I get best of all worlds and just flip apps as needed among 3 apps.

Ideally would like to see the full Hondata Mobile on iOS support CarPlay. That will be killer ;-)
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It is the other way around - carplay has to support our app, and unless you are Apple or Google Honda is not going to do that.
Hondata