Knock Around 1k RPM

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
hyperkin

Knock Around 1k RPM

Post by hyperkin »

Good morning/Good afternoon,

My s2000 been experiencing some possible ghost knocks, it happen around 1k rpm, with very low throttle input.

Knocks are registered almost every time car is moving from a dead stop, then almost no knock will ever been registered once car is moving.

Car has the following parts, Spoon snorkel with a cooling plate, Spoon engine/diff mounts, HFC, HKS SSM. Valves were adjusted few month ago, same time plugs were changed.

I been pulling timing on the ignition on the area, so far, reduced by 3 degree, helped a bit but did not resolve. increased knock sensitivity table a bit as well around the area.

Could this be a fuel issue? or ghost knock of some sort? How does AF ratio looks around the knock to you guys?

Attached a log, I tried to mimic the stop and go traffic at end of the log.

I am getting a professional tune soon, i figure it is a good to figure this knock out first if possible.

Thank you for your help.
Attachments
datalog0012.fpdl
1K RPM Knocks.
(4.24 MiB) Downloaded 100 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Knock Around 1k RPM

Post by Spunkster »

It could be for the stiff mounts and something rattling around. I would let the tuner take a look when they tune it as they should be able to tell what it is from.
hyperkin

Re: Knock Around 1k RPM

Post by hyperkin »

Spunkster wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:39 pm It could be for the stiff mounts and something rattling around. I would let the tuner take a look when they tune it as they should be able to tell what it is from.
Thank you Spunkster,

Out of your mind, is there anything I should check that could cause the knock ? other than its from the mount.

Also, is 105F IAT enough to cause more knocks?