Hondata flashpro locked out due to registration

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
Dawsonmackle

Hondata flashpro locked out due to registration

Post by Dawsonmackle »

My flash Pro has been working normally for year. As of yesterday I went to run a data log for my tuner and the file had got corrupted. I ended up being able to do more data logs I was able to retrieve them. Then I went to go put the new were version on my flashpro was giving me dancing lights following saying that the registration needs to be completed in order to upload a tune. I cannot upload or return the ECU back to stock. But my car is turbo on N/A k20z3. So overall ended up contacting hondata. They gave me nothing other than me paying $80 to ship it to them when I live up in Canada and it will take a while over a month easily just in shipping.

I’m pretty hopeless on what to do.
I’ve re-downloaded the application on my laptop. I’ve updated everything and drivers on my laptop. I’ve checked for updates on Hondata. I’ve tried a new cord I’ve done literally everything. In my best but I guess I could just wait for Honda to put out a new update and hopefully that will cure my flashpro.
Overall my Hondata unit is a lemon and it has now made my car lemon because now my ECU is untouchable until my Hondata Flashpro is resolved and personally I don’t want to send it to them but they haven’t even gave me anyway to troubleshoot it here at home......

Likely my car is going to the body shop tomorrow for a couple weeks so the Hondata will just be sitting on my shelf. My buddy had a similar issue happened to him but the Hondata Flashpro unit itself fixed itself by the end of the day for me it’s still going on as of the entire day and it hasn’t resolved itself in anyway.

Flashpro just dances between red and orange and green lights. Went to upload a tune or put a tune on to the Flashpro it gives a registration error and also shows that on the flashpro is firmware following even try to flash the ECU from the laptop it wont work. Im dead over this... I just wish Hondata actually could help me troubleshoot or maybe just put an update out to see if this going help me other than wasting easily three months of my time trying to ship and reprogram my flash pro while my car is still locked with the tune.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Hondata flashpro locked out due to registration

Post by Spunkster »

This will need to be sent in and we have already issued an RMA number to you. If you choose not to send it in, we will not be able to correct the issue.
Dawsonmackle

Re: Hondata flashpro locked out due to registration

Post by Dawsonmackle »

I understand I will send it to you guys. I’ve just had two friends have the same issue and it went away for them. But I’ve done everything possible my my hands just to troubleshoot it which is probably the best idea before going off and shipping it to you guys. I’m curious to how long this process will take because I’m in Canada and due to Covid. Is it possible you guys can issue an update out for flash pros to see if that will help my flash pro not be corrupted?
Also with the RMA I’m going to print it off Monday when I’m at school do I just put that in the box and ship it with you guys or do I email it back