2009 Civic Si IHE Basemap

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

AnnonZerp

Re: 2009 Civic Si IHE Basemap

Post by AnnonZerp »

New datalog. Had to take a 2nd crack at the 3rd gear pull since a cop was going the opposite direction towards me.
Attachments
datalog0004.fpdl
(3.44 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Impressive, your car likes a lot of the 40* cam, which is great. On this next one, take it for a datalog like you have been and we'll see how it looks. I have the low cam map blended out, so the part throttle will be a glimpse of the final product there, on the high cam I put some of the 45* angle in it to test. Either way, it should pull pretty good in the mid range. After this one I will be able to see the overall cam angle map for the next one. Give this one a drive just like you have been.
AnnonZ.SD.Rev06.fpcal
(22.27 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
AnnonZerp

Post by AnnonZerp »

New datalog. That one felt nice, the vtec crossover pops hard.
Attachments
datalog0005.fpdl
(3.87 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks killer. Man your car likes cam angle. By far the most cam angle carry out I've come across. So everything is blended out and looks really good. Take this one for a drive however you want, shoot for 20 minutes still. On the drive, do your normal third gear pull 2500-8600, and a fourth gear pull from 3000-7500 rpms so we can keep checking for knock. Other than those pulls, feel free to drive it however you want now, it's ready to have fun with. Might still take a couple revisions to get it dialed, but it's 99% there now. Vtec seems to be happy at 4100. If you want to raise it we can, but 4100 looks like a solid crossover according to the data, see what you think.
AnnonZ.SD.Rev07 (Vtec4100).fpcal
(22.4 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
AnnonZerp

Post by AnnonZerp »

New datalog. Feels good, vtec at 4100 works. I did some nice pulls to check for remaining knocks as well as the 3rd and 4th gear pulls.
Attachments
datalog0006.fpdl
(4.2 MiB) Downloaded 80 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

A couple of the knock were strange scenario, one in 6th gear you went WOT, another was during an off and on throttle movement, and a couple were normal. I addressed them and we will see how it looks in this one. I also made a couple cam angel changes. Same type of drive like that if you want, be sure to get the third gear and fourth gear pulls.
AnnonZ.SD.Rev08 (Vtec4100).fpcal
(22.48 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
AnnonZerp

Post by AnnonZerp »

New datalog. This time it's at night while the temps are lower, you definitely feel it haha she rips. The power just keeps climbing.
Attachments
datalog0007.fpdl
(5.04 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Man it looks good. Couple little knock, one just before vtec and one on your gear shift. Trying to slow down the ignition between the shifts to get rid of it, and I pulled some timing right before vtec too. We might be there on this one, either way we're like 99.9% there. Here is the next one. Same drive, a clean third gear pull and a fourth gear pull is all we need, the part throttle fuel is dialed.
AnnonZ.SD.Rev09 (Vtec4100).fpcal
(22.52 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
AnnonZerp

Post by AnnonZerp »

New datalog. I got a clean 3rd and 4th. The car feels incredible, the midrange is definitely way more pronounced now. I appreciate all the help.
Attachments
datalog0008.fpdl
(3.18 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Fueling looks dead on everywhere now. Made a couple half percent adjustments here and there. Still had one little knock, so I massaged the timing in that area. All we really need now is a fourth gear pull datalog, and if you can let the car idle for like 5 minutes somewhere on your drive at some point so I can make sure the fuel at idle is perfect. Pretty much just checking for knock at this point, so the fourth gear pull and some idling is all we need in the datalog. They don't have to be 20 minutes unless you want to.
AnnonZ.SD.Rev10 (Vtec4100).fpcal
(22.5 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
AnnonZerp

Post by AnnonZerp »

New datalog. The power is a lot more linear in that one, feels great. During the 5 minutes of idle the rpm essentially didn't move.
Attachments
datalog0009.fpdl
(3.4 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I think we're there man. It looks absolutely great. One of the cleanest cars I've worked on for sure. If you ever swap to an intake like the Skunk2 or Hybrid Racing, you will probably pick up some power from the intake and cooler temps. But for the intake you have, it runs pretty hard. The mods you made seem to be agreeing with each other very well.

Yeah I wanted the idle time to look at the fuel trims at idle. I always like for them to be at 0% from target, or within a couple percent. Yours are right there, so it's perfect. We also had no knock on this one which is great. For this last revision, I've put my upgraded pedal map in it for you. See if you like the feel of the pedal to throttle relationship in this one. I make it a little more direct without being twitchy on you. I made a couple small tweeks to the map, but nothing worth noting. Now we're just checking for knock, and to see if you like the pedal map. Feel free to drive this one however you want, the only thing I need is fourth gear pull like you have been doing, and is it possible to do to like a 2-3-4 pull? I want to make sure you don't get any knock between shifts when you're rowing through the gears. If you can find a safe place, you can make a 1-2-3-4 pull if you want, just be safe. Once you get into fourth gear on the multi gear pull, you can let out at any point, I just want to see you row through some gears up into fourth gear to check for knock.

Here is the next one.
AnnonZ.SD.Rev11 (Vtec4100)(Pedal).fpcal
(22.79 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
AnnonZerp

Post by AnnonZerp »

New datalog. The pedal map is nice, definitely better in part throttle when just cruising around town. I grabbed a couple of pulls, the first 2 are granny shifts, the middle is 4th gear, and the last open is a nice one, picked up a few knock part throttle around 3500 rpm right before the pull. The car feels worlds ahead of what it did before.
Attachments
datalog0010.fpdl
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Man I want to go for a ride in this thing, haha. Those 1-2-3 pulls look like fun! Yeah I saw the knock, funny how so many revisions with nothing there and bam it pops up, all part of the process though. The knock between gears is gone though which is what my main focus was. Glad you liked the pedal map. I hang onto that til' the end so you're not on sensory overload with everything at once.

So i made the ignition changes for the knock.Take this one for a drive and we'll see how it looks. Drive this one however you want, at this point I am only looking for no knock anywhere. Fueling is dead on, so make whatever pulls you want, it's all you now.
AnnonZ.SD.Rev12 (Vtec4100)(Pedal).fpcal
(22.76 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
AnnonZerp

Post by AnnonZerp »

New datalog. I included 2 this time, they both have the same amount of knock but in different places. I figured include both since it was on the same drive the count didn't reset for the 2nd one. They're quite long but since everything is spot on fuel wise it gives that much more data to catch the remaining knock.
Attachments
datalog0017.fpdl
(3.53 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
datalog0018.fpdl
(6.57 MiB) Downloaded 69 times