EU CR-Z - Sprintex S/C - MAP maxes out at 95kPa

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2010 CR-Z (US, Euro & Asia)
rozsko

EU CR-Z - Sprintex S/C - MAP maxes out at 95kPa

Post by rozsko »

Hi Guys,
Just installed a Sprintex charger on my CR-Z, with some DEKA injectors.
I installed an dialed in the injectors first, then installed the Sprintex.
As a start, copied some tables over from the HKS C/S base calibration and went for a test drive.
Car drove fairly well, although I was expecting a bit more from a feeling perspective, but for a first drive it was good.
What I noticed in the logs that the MAP maxes out at 95-96kPa which I really don't understand why. I checked the sensor setting, the max value is way above then that and as per FlashPro the CR-Z MAP sensor should be good for 0.7bar boost.
The part number on the MAP sensor is Denso 079800-7590.
Do you guys know if this is really a 1.7bar MAP sensor? I did not find any info on this as I googled for it.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Béla
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: EU CR-Z - Sprintex S/C - MAP maxes out at 95kPa

Post by Hondata »

The critical question is do you need to relocate the MAP sensor in order to see boost.
Hondata
rozsko

Post by rozsko »

Hondata wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:13 pm The critical question is do you need to relocate the MAP sensor in order to see boost.
I sense a little sarcasm in your answer (which I really love to be honest), but you are absolutely right.
After I created this post, I kept digging and found a similar post on the CR-Z forum, so I started to bang my head into the wall how dumb I am.
This is what happens when you don't think, just follow the manufacturer installation instruction, that is not specifically tailored to a reflash system, but a piggyback with additional MAP sensor and so on...
Thanks a lot for the answer. I really appreciate it.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Glad it is sorted out. We've seen the same thing many many times using superchargers.
Hondata