Immobilizer Question

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 Acura TL
tunedbymj

Immobilizer Question

Post by tunedbymj »

Working on a J35A5 swap in an EG hatch. According to Alldata the immobilizer system just controls the fuel pump relay. The cars fuel system is not controlled by the ECU, so when power is turned on, fuel pump runs regardless of what the ECU says. Does the immobilizer system control other things like fuel injectors or the ignition coils that would prevent the car from starting? I have voltage at the coils, but no spark. I also don't smell fuel after cranking it several times. I am getting error codes U0073-FCAN Malfunction (Bus-off) and U0155-FCAN Malfunction (ECU to Gauges). Also noticed I was not getting an RPM reading. Any help/ideas of what could be causing the no-start would be great! Let me know what other information may be needed.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Immobilizer Question

Post by Hondata »

The immobilizer is more than the fuel pump control; the injectors will not fire without the immobilizer being correct. What ECU are you using?
Hondata
tunedbymj

Post by tunedbymj »

I believe it’s a 2007 TL Base. 37820-RDA-A83. I reverified I have voltage at cam sensor, injectors, and coils.

I have the immobilizer control unit receiver from the donor car (not currently wired in), but don’t have the IMOES unit. Also don’t have the TL fuse box as chassis is powered off a SwitchPro 9100 solid state box. The local pick-a-part has a couple 07/08 TL’s, I’m sure I can snag the IMOES box if I need to wire all that stuff in.

I was really hoping to get the TL ECU and FlashPro to work so I can use the five speed auto from the MDX…trying to avoid running a standalone and making a shift box. I don’t suppose there is any way a dealership can turn off the immobilizer with their tool?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Nope, you'll have to wire up the IMOES and the key transponder, then get all three (ECU,IMOES,key) matched.
Hondata
tunedbymj

Post by tunedbymj »

Gotcha. Do you know if that is something a locksmith can do while programming the key, or is it a dealer only type thing?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Only a dealer would be able to do that.
Tootsee

Post by Tootsee »

what’s a IMOES ?

I’m having the same code U0073 after changing a 3.2 auto to a 3.5 auto I replaced the subframe, engine, engine wire harness, transmission, ECU , fuse box wiring,
full chassis harness
radiator

abs module

re pinned ac condensor plug

The car runs and drives smoothly but sometimes the battery dies parasitic drain the Bluetooth has been removed long time ago
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It is part of the immobilizer system.