S300V3 / P28 ECU issues

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
kraquepype

Re: S300V3 / P28 ECU issues

Post by kraquepype »

Thank you, I've been trying to drive it and be observant of when the issue occurs.

What will be done if I send it in for RMA again?

Before sending it in again I want to document the issue as best I can below, so maybe I can be pointed in the direction of more testing / logging / troubleshooting. I don't see anything that indicates the issue is with my car, but I want to exhaust my options before sending it in again.

The issue: The car after resting for 15-30 minutes after warming up will start, but upon light/medium throttle will hit a rev limiter. Datalogs taken when the issue occurs show the rev limiter being hit, with the MAP, TPS, VSS and RPM showing impossible values. The rev limiter appears to be functioning as intended, and is only an issue due to the RPM values being reported.

1) It does not affect me at cold start. I will start the car, wait a few minutes, and then take off and it warms up and drives normally.
2) It only seems to happen after the car has warmed up and sat for a short amount of time. For example, after parking, to go into the store or picking up dinner. So it starts normally, warms up, and gets me to where I'm going without issue, but starting and driving off after being parked the car hits the ghost rev limiter.
3) The issue will not occur until medium throttle is applied. Light throttle to get rolling will not trigger the rev limiter, but anything beyond that will trigger the rev limiter.
4) When the issue occurs, it does not clear until restarting the car. Key off/on for a few seconds is enough to get going again.
5) If I restart the car before applying throttle to take off, the issue does not seem to occur.
6) When starting up and idling after warming up, I can see the impossible values in the datalogs. This only occurs after warming up and restarting. A restart of the car will clear them up. No amount of jostling the harness or the ECU seems to trigger it when it is running normally.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: S300V3 / P28 ECU issues

Post by Spunkster »

Send that information with it when you send it in.