2014 FB6 Stock - Basemap from Hondata good enough?

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Techi

Re: 2014 FB6 Stock - Basemap from Hondata good enough?

Post by Techi »

Thanks EFICU,

Let me know if these are good enough, first pull I got surprised by the response of the car that I let go a little bit at one point,

1st pull around 08:10
2nd pull around 14:00
3rd pull arond 17:00

let me know if they are good enough, if not I might need a different road to try it,
Attachments
WOT3rdGear.fpdl
(2.94 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It's looking good. We're on the right track. The WOT pulls look pretty good, be sure that you're getting the pedal to the floor on the WOT pulls, the pedal was about 55% open and the throttle body was only opening about 85% at max. So on the pulls, be sure to get the pedal to the floor so we can get good data for the WOT fueling.

I made some adjustments based on what data we had. We will now move to the 15* cam angle. Take this one for another 20-30 minute datalog and shoot for one clean third gear pull from 2500-7500 with the pedal to the floor.
Techi.SD.Rev03 (15Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.44 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Techi

Post by Techi »

Let me know, I feel this should be better,

Thank you,
Attachments
WOT15Cam.fpdl
(3.37 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah that one was good. Just stay focused on keeping it WOT on the third gear pulls when you make them.

I made some fuel and ignition adjustments on based on that one. We will now move to the 30* cam angle with vtec now at 5500. Take this one for a spin when you can and we'll see how it looks. Same datalog and driving style. Only one more revision after this and we will blend everything out, so we're almost there.
Techi.SD.Rev04 (30Cam)(Vtec5500).fpcal
(21.79 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Techi

Post by Techi »

Hi EFICU,

Here it is, let me know if these pulls were good,

Thank you again,
Attachments
WOT30CAM.fpdl
(3.14 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks pretty good. We will now do one last one with vtec at 4000. For this one, you can make it a ten minute datalog and just be sure to get a clean third gear WOT pull. The WOT pull is all we really need, so you can make it a ten minute datalog if you want to save you time.
Techi.SD.Rev05 (30Cam)(Vtec4000).fpcal
(22.13 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Techi

Post by Techi »

Here you go,

Thanks again,
Attachments
WOT30CAM4KVTEC.fpdl
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay it looks pretty good. I've gone ahead and blended everything out and built the cam angle map. This will be a good glimpse at the final product. It might take a few revisions to smooth everything out now, but this is roughly what it will feel like. Go ahead and take it for a spin when you can. Same datalog and driving style, but feel free to have some more fun with it if you want to. It's plenty safe to have fun with now. Just be sure to shoot for 20 minutes or so, and one clean third gear WOT pull, other than that feel free to drive it however you want.
Techi.SD.Rev06 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(22.46 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Techi

Post by Techi »

Hey EFICU,

Went to the office this morning to realize it was a stat holiday LOL, perfect excuse for datalogging,

Appreciate it,
Attachments
WOTBLENDVTEC4600.fpdl
(2.42 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Haha, those state perks!!

Yeah it looks really good. I made a few fuel adjustments, and some ignition adjustments for knock. All the knock were in the normal sensitive area, so we'll keep working on it to remove them. Take this one for a spin when you can, same datalog and driving style.
Techi.SD.Rev07 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(22.54 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Techi

Post by Techi »

Here you go sir,

This was a quick one, I have the 2nd part of the trip which is about the same driving but no WOT let me know if it's helpful in case you see something that catches your attention,

I think this one felt better than last time,

Thanks!
Attachments
WOTBLENDVTEC4600REV2.fpdl
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

That one looks great. No knock, and the WOT fueling was dead on. I am going to make one small change in the background, so take this one for a spin when you can. The change I made you won't notice or feel, we're just looking for no knock and good fueling again. If it stays that way, we might be there.
Techi.SD.Rev08 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(22.53 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Techi

Post by Techi »

Thanks,

Snowy day we'll have to wait, in the mean time do you have a preferred setup? I was thinking on getting full race dp and exhaust but still deciding. What are your thoughts?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No problem, it's that time of year for a lot of you guys. Haha.

I mean, you can't go wrong with the Full Race (FR) stuff that's for sure. Just be sure you want a loud setup if you go FR. I believe their entire package is 3", so it will be pretty loud. Looking at the FR site, it looks like they only sell a catted version now which would quiet things down some. Their quality definitely makes it worth $760 for the DP, but if you don't want to spend that much, K-Tuned, PLM, or RV6 make for great options for a lot less. For the exhaust though, the FR package sounds nice. If you want to splurge the FR stuff is top notch for sure.

Another thing, looking at your last datalog, your injector duty is about 82%. You might think about throwing in some RDX injectors at the same time to cover the extra mods. Or at least be prepared to get them when we retune it for the DP and exhaust. We can see what the duty cycle is with the new mods, you may or may not need them. But it wouldn't hurt to do them, it just adds another $400 ish dollars on top of everything else you want to do.

Keep me in the loop though.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

And if you do end up deciding on going with RDX injectors, please be sure to get OEM ones through someone like Heeltoe or Hybrid Racing. There are fake RDX injectors out there causing a lot of problems. I am working with a guy right now what got a deal on some from eBay, and they were in fact fake. Here is a great website I found on how to spot them and the issues they can cause.

https://iconicauto-design.com/blogs/new ... -injectors