s300 and SManager software questions & answers
1980civicb16

Re: Problem with connecting SManager

Post by 1980civicb16 »

if you get the error this was my quick fix
uninstall smanager and the download files
restart your laptop and if your at the track get your iphone
link your laptop to wifi and download smanager from there site
if you don’t download a fresh version from there site you will still get the error

intall smanager and i you should be good

i think there is a glitch in the latest version of smanager and when it reads a file from a s300 with a past version on it, it trigger it
so there is no way to update your s300 because it’s already glitched from you plugging it in
i could be wrong but i hope this helps
nitefr3ak

Post by nitefr3ak »

I already removed a manager multiple times on 3 diff laptops and even tried the being on wifi connections and still getting codes first was 16 then the second time was 20. At this point I know it’s not any of the s300s or the ecu that either of them are installed. Again it’s been like this for some time as I have been seeing issues from other people as far back as Jan 26 2021. Again never had an issue either live logging or not and didn’t need to be on wifi for the past 10-14 years all of a sudden now you need to be online btw which did not even help tried it again with a map from rated r on one of the cars he tuned and guess what same issue even while online and removing and reinstalling the manager. At this point hondata has an issue they know it and I would love an actual resolve I have two of my personal cars on the s300 and although they are 596 each and not including the 200 for the p28 and p72 but still they know it’s an issue but haven’t responded or have a resolve I noticed they immediately assume it’s the s300 when clearly the issue is software ie. the smanager
DaX

Post by DaX »

I'll throw my hat in the ring too - had the same issue the other weekend at a track that does not have wifi service. Couldn't connect to datalog or make adjustments to the tune. Then right before eliminations it let me in, but by that time it was too late, I'd made two test passes with no data and could only guess at the changes I needed to make. I've never had this issue before and have been a longtime Hondata user.
nitefr3ak

Post by nitefr3ak »

DaX wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:55 am I'll throw my hat in the ring too - had the same issue the other weekend at a track that does not have wifi service. Couldn't connect to datalog or make adjustments to the tune. Then right before eliminations it let me in, but by that time it was too late, I'd made two test passes with no data and could only guess at the changes I needed to make. I've never had this issue before and have been a longtime Hondata user.

I hear you my guy this is sickening. Hondata has made a butt load of money from customers like you and I and if your like me and have had multiple Honda builds over the years I have spent specifically 2-4 grand between ecus and and computers and and never really had an issue but this out of pocket at this point we need help. All the money we have all spent you would thing developers would be on retainer at this point but we are all waiting and it’s annoying hondata at this point your loosing customers and I hope you it gets corrected because this will be the last dollar I spend with hondata
nitefr3ak

Post by nitefr3ak »

danielhilgersom wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:58 am I made 2 video's of how it went today.
So in both video's I'm not connected to the internet.

First video you see the problems popping up but in the end seems working fine.
In the second video I closed SManager en directly started SManager again and again working fine.

But sometimes I have the same situation and SManager get killed after the errors and at that moment I'm never able to run SManager the normal way.

first video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pArJxDcT_iU

second video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHUleFZe6Ho

This is the same exact issue I have been having and the whole wifi has nothing to do with it I tried this multiple times on three different lap tops. And this issue happend with 4 different hondata units all tried in the same car over and over and over with the same results
nitefr3ak

Post by nitefr3ak »

Can you guys get this issue resolved because at this point this is absolute bs
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Can you help by telling us the version and build number of SManager you are using, the serial number of your S300 and the circumstancews we need in order to reproduce this?
Hondata
chuckdizzle03

Post by chuckdizzle03 »

I have the same issues as well and it is very annoying. If im connected to a wifi connection no errors and if I have no wifi connection then I get random errors. Program crashes intermittently and the software is damn near unusable. I need to tether the laptop to my phone to get it to work if im away from my garage. Smanager 2.7.8.0 on Hondata s300 v3 in a P28 ECU. I dont know the serial off my board but I think that is irrelevant as there are a lot of users experiencing this same exact issue. You guys changed some setting that is making the software require an internet connection.
nitefr3ak

Post by nitefr3ak »

Now with with this response I’m going to go over it how it has been with me and the other three vehicles with three different laptops

Down load s manager on lap top open the smanager check for updates ( software is up to date )
connect to hondata (p28)
Turn the ignition switch on koeo
Upload calibration (map ) hit the little lightning bolt read tps closed and open
Then start engine. And boom 16-20 dtc’s set check for codes none found. Stored then all those error codes popped up about permission and access popped up like on the YouTube videos that where posted
This is the serial number from one of the 4 vehicle that has been having this issue and
As far as build number what are you talking about explain that one to me please or do you mean the software version that I am using if that is the case
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Thank you. Can you elaborate about this part:
Stored then all those error codes popped up about permission and access popped up like on the YouTube videos that where posted
Hondata
nitefr3ak

Post by nitefr3ak »

I feel it would be easier to contact me by phone at this point I do not check this very offer mostly on the weekends and I would love to help get you any information you need to help fix the issue
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I'm not sure if 'error codes' refers to the ECU or something else.

I have made software build for people to try out here
Hondata
Ichiro718

Post by Ichiro718 »

And i just bought my hondata too😭I'm going to be doing my own tuning on the road, i have mobile hotspot so i hope I'm covered, I'm going to be livid if I experience this😩
nitefr3ak

Post by nitefr3ak »

I’m going to give this a try later this afternoon
nitefr3ak

Post by nitefr3ak »

Ok so I tried it on one of the cars I just keep getting a random ghost dtc codes total of 16 but when I check them they are not stored
But no longer getting the previous issues with software permission codes which is good. Now that that issue is gone. Have you any information pertaining to the 16 ghost dtc’s that show up then disappear with out a trace