Problem with connecting SManager

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
danielhilgersom

Problem with connecting SManager

Post by danielhilgersom »

I've regularly an error telling me something as:
"The application has encountered a problem. We are sorry for inconvenience.
Access violation at address XXXXXX in module 'SManager.exe'. Read of address XXXXXXX"

Serial number S300: 38983
SManager: 2.7.8.0

So SManager is running fine offline.
When I go online I get these errors followed by SManager shutting down.
Trying again and again will not solve the problem, I will not be able to connect to the S300.
See following video: https://youtu.be/8gfFHBkwRpo

But sometimes I get these errors and click all these errors away and SManager is not getting killed and working fine online.
And sometimes I connect and no errors at all.

Another problem I have sometimes is the following:
I download the calibration from the ECU.
I save the calibration, this will throw an error telling me that it's not possible to save the calibration.
But when I look at in Windows Explorer the file is saved.
The strange thing is that the file is ~50kb large, where the other calibrations that are saved without an error are ~14kb.
I don't have a screenshot of the exact error but I can make one next time.

What I tried to solve the problem:
Restart SManager
Restart laptop
Uninstall SManager -> Reboot -> install SManager
I tried above options multiple times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Problem with connecting SManager

Post by Hondata »

Shut down SManager, restart and try switching on the ignition without downloading the calibration from the S300. Let us know if that works.
Hondata
danielhilgersom

The problem still exists.

One thing I noticed is that when my laptop is connected to the internet it seems not to happen.
This sounds strange to me but could this somehow be the reason or related?

Sometimes it's working fine without internet connection.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

How long is it between when it works and doesn't work?
danielhilgersom

When it works once after clicking on all the errors:
- sometimes it works and no problems, after restarting SManager also no errors
- sometimes SManager get killed and I'm not able to run SManager in a normal way at all

The time from a normal working situation to a non working situation (same Hondata ECU) could be 24h or 48h.
Obviously I've restarted my laptop a couple of times in this 24h/48h period.
danielhilgersom

I made 2 video's of how it went today.
So in both video's I'm not connected to the internet.

First video you see the problems popping up but in the end seems working fine.
In the second video I closed SManager en directly started SManager again and again working fine.

But sometimes I have the same situation and SManager get killed after the errors and at that moment I'm never able to run SManager the normal way.

first video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pArJxDcT_iU

second video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHUleFZe6Ho
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you uploaded your calibration to the ECU using the latest version of software?
danielhilgersom

Yes, I use SManager 2.7.8.0 build 2423.
When I click the "S300" button, it shows firmware V13 which is the latest, so I think that should be fine.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

As long as you have had internet access recently it should work.
mp57078

Post by mp57078 »

I think I am having the same or similar issues. With my autocross car, I have noticed recently that SManager will always work correctly and connect to my P28 ECU with no issues, when I am sitting in my garage and the laptop has a wifi connection. I've noticed recently that if I try to pull datalog files while I am at an autocross, SManager crashes with a bunch of popup errors related to memory or something. As soon as I get home and have wifi access, everything seems to work fine again. Not too big of a deal since my tune is pretty dialed in and I don't need to adjust much at an autocross.

Well this bit me bigtime this weekend. On Saturday, I uploaded a tune file at home, to get ready for an autocross on Sunday. I drove to get gas and groceries on the tune file just fine. On the way to the autocross, the car dies at the first stoplight off the highway. I have fuel and spark, so figure something might have been corrupted with the recent tune file. I open the laptop to upload the previous tune, and low and behold, SManager crashes before I can do so, on every attempt, probably since the laptop does not have wifi out on the road. I drain my battery and jump pack trying to get it started, and had to get an expensive $300 tow back home. As soon as I am in the garage (with wifi), SManager works just fine, I upload the previous tune, and the car starts right up. F-WORDS

I am almost certain that the SManager issue is directly related to wifi access. As a janky bypass solution, I have noticed that if I open SManager at home, with wifi access, then put the computer to sleep with SManager still open, it seems that I SManager will work fine out on the road if I wake the laptop. The issue seems to be starting/opening the SManager program at a time when the laptop does not have wifi access. I have the latest build versions. My issue is not with the possible tune file, as I'm not sure that was the problem. My issue is with the inability for the SManager program to properly startup when the laptop does not have wifi access.
BenP

Post by BenP »

I am getting this same problem with Smanager. I’ve even had it error on reviewing a datalog unplugged from the ecu and tried 2 different laptops and it still will pop up an error message and close Smanager.
Is there going to be a Smanager update to fix this problem?
nitefr3ak

Post by nitefr3ak »

I have emailed them this past week with the same issues and told them I have 4 different vehicles and three of them are running rywire tuck harnesses and one is on oem is there any resolve to this
3 diff lap tops and all do the same I send it two serial numbers and told them all ECUs have j12 jumper cut or not even installed and emailed them two days ago and have heard nothing yet
nitefr3ak

Post by nitefr3ak »

mp57078 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:12 am I think I am having the same or similar issues. With my autocross car, I have noticed recently that SManager will always work correctly and connect to my P28 ECU with no issues, when I am sitting in my garage and the laptop has a wifi connection. I've noticed recently that if I try to pull datalog files while I am at an autocross, SManager crashes with a bunch of popup errors related to memory or something. As soon as I get home and have wifi access, everything seems to work fine again. Not too big of a deal since my tune is pretty dialed in and I don't need to adjust much at an autocross.

Well this bit me bigtime this weekend. On Saturday, I uploaded a tune file at home, to get ready for an autocross on Sunday. I drove to get gas and groceries on the tune file just fine. On the way to the autocross, the car dies at the first stoplight off the highway. I have fuel and spark, so figure something might have been corrupted with the recent tune file. I open the laptop to upload the previous tune, and low and behold, SManager crashes before I can do so, on every attempt, probably since the laptop does not have wifi out on the road. I drain my battery and jump pack trying to get it started, and had to get an expensive $300 tow back home. As soon as I am in the garage (with wifi), SManager works just fine, I upload the previous tune, and the car starts right up. F-WORDS

I am almost certain that the SManager issue is directly related to wifi access. As a janky bypass solution, I have noticed that if I open SManager at home, with wifi access, then put the computer to sleep with SManager still open, it seems that I SManager will work fine out on the road if I wake the laptop. The issue seems to be starting/opening the SManager program at a time when the laptop does not have wifi access. I have the latest build versions. My issue is not with the possible tune file, as I'm not sure that was the problem. My issue is with the inability for the SManager program to properly startup when the laptop does not have wifi access.
Honestly it shouldn’t matter if your on wifi or not I never had these issues using it for the past 3-7 years and now the same issues. Over and over again. It seems like there is a issue with the permission for the usage of the smanager app because I get app permission faults and 16 dtc’s at this point we need answers some one help us out because it still a issue
nitefr3ak

Re: Won't download properly. SManager or hardware/firmware glitch?

Post by nitefr3ak »

It works obviously works on wifi but my problem is I have reached out and gotten a ticket opened some one wrong back asking for serial numbers and if j12 jumper where cut and I responded j12 are all cut and gave serial numbers. Some one ladle contacted back on Jan 29 to the same issue I have been having the minute you load a map and hit the lightning bolt the program crashes and if it does load 16 error codes pop up and I get app permission error messages on the screen and his issue is the same exact issue I have been having for months and no reply since I answers his questions. I believe we need some resolve to this as well I recently had rated r …. Abraham alba tuner had the same issues with his own laptop and our vehicles as well the program has to have an issue with it because 4 -6 cars all on s300 and the same issue
nitefr3ak

Re: Smanager Application has Encountered a problem

Post by nitefr3ak »

So why is it we need internet access to perform any live adjustment s when we never needed it before and why is it we need internet access all of a sudden what changed and why. Better yet change it back because this is nonsense we never needed to be connected to wifi fi it to work for years now all of a sudden we have to ??? This is bs if you ask me