Erratic injector duration above 3500 rpm

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
jhill0084

Erratic injector duration above 3500 rpm

Post by jhill0084 »

Let me preface this post with this: I am not a very experienced car guy. I sort of inherited this car and am in the process of selling it but I want to be able to sell it knowing I'm not giving the next guy a problem. It really is a good car, just loud and because I didn't build the setup or dyno it myself there are too many unknown's for my level of knowledge. That being said.....

The following question pertains to a K24 series engine in a 2006 RSX type S which I did not build. This car drives great below 3500 rpm's. Above that I will experience random erratic injector duration on my Atoto/Hondata. As the happens, the car is very 'jerky' and the injector duration guage is going nuts. This has only caused a po300 type code once while going interstate speed. The car idles smooth and like I said drives great as long as I keep the rpm's below 3500.

I've changed the turbo, all plugs, ignition coils and the injectors have a normal rhythmic clicking sound in idle and when in neutral and gas applied to the higher rpm.

My question is simply this; If this were your car what would be your next step in trying to pinpoint the problem?

Thank you for any input.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Erratic injector duration above 3500 rpm

Post by Spunkster »

Have you tried following the factory service manual troubleshooting steps for the error you are getting?

If you do and it says it an ECU issue, then it is probably a tuning issue that a tuner would need to look at.