In need for a stock k24a2 base map for a 08 8th gen civic si

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

EFICU

Re: In need for a stock k24a2 base map for a 08 8th gen civic si

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it all looks great. That one was knock free and all the fuel stuff looks great. What I'll ask you to do is make a datalog on Monday or Tuesday, whatever is convenient, then make another on on Thursday or Friday. If they both looks good we can call it good to go.

Nothing in the tune is to get more power, other than just simple cam angle mapping and all that so you should be just fine. With all of the fuel trims super close now so your mpg's should be just fine. You just have to control your right foot now, haha. But yeah, it all looks great, go ahead and run the sport pedal map now and we will see how the datalogs looks this week. That might be the final calibration.
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Okay sounds great! I'll get those datalogs for you and once again thank you so much for helping me out man, you are such a blessing.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Good deal, we'll see how it looks next week. You're welcome, glad it all worked out well.
NicoPz

Post by NicoPz »

Hello Guys,

Can somebody help me with my tune? These are my mods

Skunk2 CAI
Header 4-1 Custom
Skunk2 catback
K24A1 block/K20z3 Head
Hondata

Here is one datalog i made today with a base map i found on the forum

Also im in Mexico City, the altitude is 2300 meters above sea level

Thank u guys
Attachments
Test01_Nico.fpcal
(22.25 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

NicoPz wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:31 pm Hello Guys,

Can somebody help me with my tune? These are my mods

Skunk2 CAI
Header 4-1 Custom
Skunk2 catback
K24A1 block/K20z3 Head
Hondata

Here is one datalog i made today with a base map i found on the forum

Also im in Mexico City, the altitude is 2300 meters above sea level

Thank u guys
The attachment is your calibration, I don't see anything for a datalog. Based on that calibration, it is not designed for your Skunk2 intake. The calibration you're driving on is MAF based, you need a speed density calibration. If you have a datalog to post, go ahead and make your own thread and we can look at it here. We don't want to continue discussions in this thread.
NicoPz

Post by NicoPz »

Thanks, i will make another post with the datalog.
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Hey man, I'm so sorry for going ghost on you I had a lot of personal issues that I had to take care of and I also had a problem with my flashpro that I have resolved now. I did a battery relocation and was able to rotate my intake into the area where the battery used to be. I'm guessing now that I moved the air filter away from the engine it should be running cooler. Once again sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Attachments
Revise Tune #13 Sport SRCAI Datalog.fpdl
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
A3750357-A6E9-4359-8737-5219FC3E650E.jpeg
A3750357-A6E9-4359-8737-5219FC3E650E.jpeg (4.39 MiB) Viewed 2502 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It looks good. I made a couple ignition adjustments for some knock, the fuel stuff looked fine. Take this one for a drive when you can, no rush.
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Thank you for your patience once again. Quick question, do you think it can make a little more power safely? If it's not safe to get any more power then that's fine as well but I was just wondering.
Attachments
Revise Tune #14 Sport Datalog.fpdl
(3.15 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

There really isn't a way to get more out of it. We're already experiencing knock at current ignition levels, and we built the cam angle map based on all the fuel data per our cam angle tuning. You're still running the stock cat and exhaust right? If so, adding a race header and exhaust will make a big difference. Then you need to look into adding a mechanically limited 50* VTC wheel to get more cam angle. Please research mechanically limited VTC gears and why they're important. Being able to run 40* VTC in the midrange will really pick up the midrange. And the exhaust upgrades will allow more cam angle up top. With the stock cat and exhaust it's a little choked on getting the exhaust out. When you do those things, I would also recommend some RDX injectors to go with it. You might run out of fuel.

If you want to keep everything how it is and try for more power, I would probably have to recommend you find a tuner that might be able to help you with it. I don't play games with certain tables so knock isn't recorded and things like that, I use it how Hondata lays it out for us. Some guys bypass all that and put timing in it they feel is fine. That might gain you some more power, but I don't do that and I won't. In all honesty though, you just need to open things up a bit and look into the mechanically limited VTC gear. That would allow for a lot more power, safely, granted you get the mechanically limited VTC gear.

That datalog looked good. I didn't see a WOT pull, so I don't know if our previous knock is gone or not.
B0BSK1

Post by B0BSK1 »

eficu mechanically limited VTC gear this sounds like another item im adding to my shopping list down the line just done the chain so ill need to wait till i get hold of some skunk cams if im gonna open mine up again hahah
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

B0BSK1 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:33 pm eficu mechanically limited VTC gear this sounds like another item im adding to my shopping list down the line just done the chain so ill need to wait till i get hold of some skunk cams if im gonna open mine up again hahah
Yes it would be good idea with cams, just for peace of mind. The VTC can spike for cleaning purposes, which would cause it to go above recommended spec from S2. Granted the likelihood of damage is very low.
Treysi

Post by Treysi »

Hey can you please help me with a tune I have a 08 Honda Civic si I did a k24a2 swap.
K24a2 stock block stock head
Plm headers cat back exhaust
Short ram intake
Rbc intake with stock Z3 injectors stock tb
91 octane gas
effgee2

Post by effgee2 »

EFICU wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:29 am I can help you with it if you'd like. You'll need to be careful with the reflash you have in there now, most likely it's demanding too much cam angle since the K24 only has a 25* VTC wheel. So chances are the fueling is far off, not to mention the rev limiter is way too high for a K24.

Is the engine bone stock itself, stock VTC wheel and everything?

You're running the 8th gen intake manifold and injectors?
hey brother, I know you haven't been active since august so the chances of getting a respond back is low. But I was wondering if you can help me set up a basemap for my completely stock k24a2 swapped 8th gen civic. No I/H/E. Just RBC intake mani & k20a2 type s oil pump. stock 25* VTC gear. I would gladly appreciate it & will pay you for your time if I have to.

You seem to be very knowledgeable & helpful towards others!
glenpointe

Post by glenpointe »

Question:
I have the same set up for my 2006 Si. K24A swapped with a short RAM intake and 100% stock. Can I use the cal that EFICU provided in the thread for mine? This is new for me so I am learning. Please advise.
Thanks,
Glen