Kpro v4 burning smell - ecu crashed

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
RoadsterAlex

Kpro v4 burning smell - ecu crashed

Post by RoadsterAlex »

Hi All,

KPro V4
Serial: 57229
Purchase Date: 6th of May 2021

It all started with my Fuel pump relay not grounding my pump,. which i sorted by just running ground (or positive doesnt matter) to a button and turn on the pump myself.

Then sometimes it randomlly stopped outputting CAN info,, sorted by rebooting the car and/or display (sometimes), sometimes i had to re-upload map.

Now 2 days ago i had a burning smell coming from my kpro.
car still runs and starts, however Analog ports arent working.
canbus outputs but stops after few seconds.
Then goes into "error" mode.

I was told to contact hondata but im located in the UK so i'm not sure, i bought it from CPL racing (https://www.cplracing.co.uk/), but they say when you open ecu (example to connect analog wires) you lose warranty.

I added pictures of the damage.

Whats next?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Kpro v4 burning smell - ecu crashed

Post by Hondata »

Burnt tracks show excessive current between the analog ground pins and ECU ground J3. How was the analog connector wired up?
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This is not covered by warranty as it has burned from something being miss wired. CPL should be able to test and see if the ECU is damaged as well and then they can contact us for replacing the damaged K-Pro.
RoadsterAlex

Post by RoadsterAlex »

Hondata wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:12 am Burnt tracks show excessive current between the analog ground pins and ECU ground J3. How was the analog connector wired up?
i only used analog for oil pressure all the rest werent used at all.
dont think i used analog ground except for the wideband o2 sensor
Spunkster wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:57 am This is not covered by warranty as it has burned from something being miss wired. CPL should be able to test and see if the ECU is damaged as well and then they can contact us for replacing the damaged K-Pro.
does this mean i need to pay full retail price for another kpro? not to be mean but if i need to pay full retail price i rather switch to haltech
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Hondata wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:12 am How was the analog connector wired up?
RoadsterAlex wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:00 amdont think i used analog ground except for the wideband o2 sensor
Are you sure the o2 sensor heater did not ground through the KPro analog ground?
Hondata
RoadsterAlex

Post by RoadsterAlex »

Has been working for while now.
Different ecu
AEM goes to ground on kpro

“ Analog- (brown) to Wire/Pins 9/10 (black/ground wire, yes it has to be THAT wire, not just any ground).”