Can someone please review my Datalog and advise?

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
Liev30

Can someone please review my Datalog and advise?

Post by Liev30 »

Hello,

I have a Japan FK8 and loaded FK8 US 91 octane, 0% ethanol pump gas, I left everything else as stock. I do have a stock downpipe with the cat removed and Remus exhaust, AEM drop in filter. Everything else stock.

I made some 3rd and 4th gear pulls. Please review the logs I took and let me know if there are any issues.

I set the flashpro to record once and stopped after the pulls, saw 3 files saved so I attached all. Not sure how the recording works so please forgive me.

Also if it doesn't have any issues, is it safe to add the ... DP and Exhaust calibration and go again?

Also I read about the traction control kicking in in 2nd gear and it feels like a kind of backfiring, however I have reduced torque in 1st and 2nd set. I felt the backfire once in 2nd and saw traction control blinking although I have VSA off when it happens. I tried it again in 2nd gear another time and it pulled clean, no backfire or VSA lights came on. Unfortunately I didn't datalog the 2nd gear pulls. If the backfiring is really traction control, is that harmful?

Thanks again guys, appreciate any info you can give me.
Attachments
datalog0002.fpdl
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 95 times
datalog0001.fpdl
(978.17 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
datalog0000.fpdl
(31.4 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Liev30

Re: Can someone please review my Datalog and advise?

Post by Liev30 »

well ok
sloth4urluv

Post by sloth4urluv »

I don't see anything glaringly wrong.
Your fuel pump seems to have a safe margin to it and I don't see any real knock under load.
Looking at an XY graph of your Total Trim Vs AFM.v you are pulling a good bit of fuel above 2.5V (The ECU is compensating though).

Only thing that seemed slightly strange is that around 4:24 on Log0002 your AF oscillates between 12.5 and 15.5 for a bit, but the ECU seems to be targeting that.
Liev30

Post by Liev30 »

thank you so much for the reply, i am now getting the hang of datalogging only file 0002 is important

at around 2:10s there was 2 degrees kretard in cylinder 4 in 4th gear, 23psi, 6000rpm which dropped to 1degree kretard at 6500rpm and held the 1 degree retard for a while off boost before going back to zero

all the other pulls after were fine, no kretard

is this normal/acceptable?
sloth4urluv

Post by sloth4urluv »

It is my understanding that this is acceptable and what you really need to lookout for is "rainbow knock" where you see knock retard happen across multiple cylinders.