Can anyone help me setup a base map for my kswap Lotus?

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
CalibratEd

Re: Can anyone help me setup a base map for my kswap Lotus?

Post by CalibratEd »

saxon_schmauderer wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:31 pm high afr idle.kdl

When the car is idle, (at 1000rpms), it actually sounds very healthy, BUT the AFR values sit very high as you can see in the data log I attached. Once I give the car throttle and get into the higher RPM range the AFRs come way down to a safe 14ish. I am still using the Factory RSX Wide Band sensor, but I still didnt think this would be an issue. I did test out a different MAP sensor offset value jus to see if it would change anything and it did indeed make the AFR's sit at around the desired 14 when idle. I dont know if that helps at all. Just spit balling ideas.
I don't suggest you change the offset as the map sensors are designed to run a specific offset. I normally recommend to use name brand map sensors. I looked over the log and i noticed the TPS is reading 11% where i assume you are not pressing the throttle. If that is true can you go ahead and calibrate the TPS with hondata and upload the calibration file after that is done. I have also added 40% fuel to troubleshoot the fuel issue.

Load the file below and then create a datalog after you have calibrated the tps. The data log should be done at idle.

-Ed
Attachments
saxon_schmauderer_Base(Troubleshooting).kal
(164.62 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Instagram: calibrated.tuning
saxon_schmauderer

Post by saxon_schmauderer »

I am waiting on a new AEM sensor that comes in tomorrow to hopefully address the AFR issue. That being said after lowering the idle (With the idle screw) and calibrating the ECU to the lower and upper limit, the car would still not stay on after pressing the power. It stayed on longer now that you added the fuel at the startup but I dont think the car can maintain a lower rpm idle.

See the attached log for the startup and it dying.
engine start then stall.kdl
(408.04 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Something is not right. Set the idle screw to get it to idle at 1000rpm. We can reduce this later. I would like to get a datalog of the car at operating temperature. After you adjust the idle screw re-calibrate the TPS. Create the datalog using this file attached.

-Ed
Attachments
saxon_schmauderer_Base(TroubleshootingIdle).kal
(164.62 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
saxon_schmauderer

Hey! Got the car running MUCH better now. I replaced both the MAP sensor (To a 4bar) and the TPS, and the AFR's are now much better. It appears that we are too rich at idle now (Now that the sensors are actually working right). I did a couple mile drive (With some idling involved). I hope this gives you enough data to start. It is both starting and idling like a dream (Other than being rich).

I do not have a IAC so that is disabled and I also made changes to calibrate the TPS and chose the correct MAP in the cal I have attached.

Please let me know if you need any other data from me.
runafterfixes.kdl
(12.6 MiB) Downloaded 48 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

saxon_schmauderer wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:52 pm Hey! Got the car running MUCH better now. I replaced both the MAP sensor (To a 4bar) and the TPS, and the AFR's are now much better. It appears that we are too rich at idle now (Now that the sensors are actually working right). I did a couple mile drive (With some idling involved). I hope this gives you enough data to start. It is both starting and idling like a dream (Other than being rich).

I do not have a IAC so that is disabled and I also made changes to calibrate the TPS and chose the correct MAP in the cal I have attached.

Please let me know if you need any other data from me.

modified_saxon_schmauderer_Base(Troubleshooting)withfixes.kal
runafterfixes.kdl
I am glad to hear that. I will review the files and post the revision file. I hope things go smoothly going forward.

-Ed
saxon_schmauderer

Also note: it looked like that kal I uploaded had the injector size set to 800cc for some reason. It is supposed to be 100CC**
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

I changed the injector size to 1000. I removed some fuel. create a similar datalog. once we dial in the fuel the next steps should be easier. Remote trouble shooting is always a pain.

-Ed
Attachments
modified_saxon_schmauderer_Base(Troubleshooting)withfixesEdEdit.kal
(20.31 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
saxon_schmauderer

I think changing the injector size already changed the fueling because when i took the one you sent previously and changed it to 1000cc's the drive was MUCH closer to the norm (not rich anymore). It was hanging out at 14ish afr.

I just ran with the tune you sent tonight and it was nearly always lean. It also didn't idle well. Here is the log from that little run:
dataLogFrom6-21-2022.kdl
(11.12 MiB) Downloaded 44 times
I can go run the tune you sent on a previous night with just the injector size changed if you would like.
saxon_schmauderer

Here this is the log from me running the OLD tune you sent me but with the injector size set to the correct 1000cc. Seemed to be better:
Datalog-220621-000.kdl
(9.85 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

saxon_schmauderer wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:49 pm Here this is the log from me running the OLD tune you sent me but with the injector size set to the correct 1000cc. Seemed to be better:

Datalog-220621-000.kdl
What is the name of the tune file you used to create this datalog?

-Ed
saxon_schmauderer

I used:

modified_saxon_schmauderer_Base(Troubleshooting)withfixes.kal

but I changed the injector size to 1000CC
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Cleaned up some of the fuel. The car looks to be running a lot better. I increased the boot. I see that you are hitting the current limit at 4500rpm. Create a normal driving datalog.

-Ed
Attachments
modified_saxon_schmauderer_BaseV2.kal
(19.96 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
saxon_schmauderer

I'll be out of town until Friday but I will for sure give it a try then and send the log back. Thanks!
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

saxon_schmauderer wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:08 pm I'll be out of town until Friday but I will for sure give it a try then and send the log back. Thanks!
Sounds good.

-Ed
saxon_schmauderer

Ed,
I hate to be THAT GUY, but I did the math and the injectors that I have are not going to be able to safely push the 600whp goal I am shooting for on e85.

In order to hit my 600 goal I ordered some 1600cc injectors from the same company I got 1000's that are currently in the car. They arrive tomorrow when I get home to test out the car.

Would you rather I change them out, modify the tune for the bigger injectors, and then create a data log from a run with those or would you rather have me just run the car with the config you sent me this week and to change out the injectors later?

I would like to be less annoying for you haha

Thanks,
-Saxon