Looking for a tuner!

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
ClassicAnomaly

Looking for a tuner!

Post by ClassicAnomaly »

Need to get My Kswap Turbo BMW a base map until I can find a local shop to dyno tune my car. Does anyone know any tuners in the bay area or someone who can remotely make a base map for the car? Currently idles with it's base map. Was driven a couple times before it was turbo charged.
CalibratEd

Re: Looking for a tuner!

Post by CalibratEd »

I can assist with tuning the car. Do you need something to get you to a tuner or do you need a Full ETune? Can you provide datalogs with wideband data?

-Ed
ClassicAnomaly

Post by ClassicAnomaly »

I can! Will finishing wiring in the wideband, Oil Pressure and boost controller today! What other information would you need?
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

ClassicAnomaly wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:30 am I can! Will finishing wiring in the wideband, Oil Pressure and boost controller today! What other information would you need?
I need information on the setup.
Engine
Injectors
Map sensor
Transmission
Psi rating if waste gate spring
Does the car have and Idke air control valve?

Do you need a map to get you to your tuner or do you need an full ETune?

-Ed
ClassicAnomaly

Post by ClassicAnomaly »

Just a map to get to a tuner! the car current does not drive due to air manifold malfunctioning. The replacement wont be in until Tuesday. If I cannot find a tuner in the next couple of weeks I will likely Etune!

Engine is a K24a2
Injectors are ID1050x
Map sensor is Hondata 4bar
Transmission is a ZF320z
Wastegate spring is 3psi
It does have an IACV
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

ClassicAnomaly wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:29 am Just a map to get to a tuner! the car current does not drive due to air manifold malfunctioning. The replacement wont be in until Tuesday. If I cannot find a tuner in the next couple of weeks I will likely Etune!

Engine is a K24a2
Injectors are ID1050x
Transmission is a ZF320z
Wastegate spring is 3psi
It does have an IACV
So your current map sensor is not functioning?

-Ed
ClassicAnomaly

Post by ClassicAnomaly »

Sorry. I meant I need a tune to get to the tuner for now. So just a base map. The sensor is working fine. Preparing the wideband right now.
ClassicAnomaly

Post by ClassicAnomaly »

CalibratEd wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:42 pm
ClassicAnomaly wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:29 am Just a map to get to a tuner! the car current does not drive due to air manifold malfunctioning. The replacement wont be in until Tuesday. If I cannot find a tuner in the next couple of weeks I will likely Etune!

Engine is a K24a2
Injectors are ID1050x
Transmission is a ZF320z
Wastegate spring is 3psi
It does have an IACV
So your current map sensor is not functioning?

-Ed
I have the wiring for the wideband set up! But for some reason I am having some high idle issues. going to try to get those resolved today.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Sounds good. Are you having a mechanical idle issue or is it due to the tune?

-Ed
ClassicAnomaly

Post by ClassicAnomaly »

It was a mechanical issue! throttle body seems to have trouble fully closing. I took it apart and clean it up. Seems to be fine. Pinning in all the sensors today too. What information other information will you need for a tune?
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

ClassicAnomaly wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:03 pm It was a mechanical issue! throttle body seems to have trouble fully closing. I took it apart and clean it up. Seems to be fine. Pinning in all the sensors today too. What information other information will you need for a tune?
Glad you figured it out. I have all the info I need. I will get started on a base map.

-Ed
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Attached is the basemap. Load it and calibrate the TPS and make sure you have properly configured the wideband. We can then start dialing in the fuel.

-Ed
Attachments
ClassicAnomaly_Base.kal
(169.74 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
ClassicAnomaly

Post by ClassicAnomaly »

Sorry! I should have sent you the map I used to test drive the car awhile ago. I have the wideband, Oil Pressure and Boost control wired with this. It is also set up for oil temp but my resistor has not come in yet. Car starts and idle. Data log and Map posted below. I
Attachments
ProjectNue.kal
(19.75 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
ClassicAnomalyNue.kdl
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
ClassicAnomaly

Post by ClassicAnomaly »

Made some changes to get some sensors working then let it idle for awhile for the log. My boost control solenoid does appear to be clicking. So i will do some testing on it tomorrow.
Attachments
ClassicAnomalyNue.kdl
(2.53 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
ProjectNue.kal
(19.73 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

ClassicAnomaly wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:06 pm Made some changes to get some sensors working then let it idle for awhile for the log. My boost control solenoid does appear to be clicking. So i will do some testing on it tomorrow.
Glad you have the car idling on a basemap. I was not aware you had one already so disregard the one i made. Its not a problem we can go with the one you have. Create a datalog of idling and normal driving if possible Please make sure the log is created after it has reached operating temperature. I did not make any modification to table just general changes needed for the tuning process. IE Vtec off and VTC set to 0.

Load the revised file and datalog per instruction above.

-Ed
Attachments
ProjectNue_Rev1.kal
(19.65 KiB) Downloaded 52 times