06 TSX afr tuning help

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
ThatTSXguy

06 TSX afr tuning help

Post by ThatTSXguy »

Hey I'm brand new to tuning and hondata and I just got a flashpro for my 06 tsx (with 07 AT ECU)

Everything works fine ecu and flashpro wise except for the fact that I'm seeing mid to low 13s afr WOT in 2nd gear and then low 13s to mid 12s in 3rd gear (it seems to go lower when vtec kicks in which I think makes sense)

I've been told that the thirteens aren't good and is too lean and that I should get a tune but I don't have the money right now for a professional one so I was hoping someone could either help me with this or steer me in the right direction to doing it myself! Thanks! 😁😁

(I'll upload a WOT pull from 3500rpm in 2nd to 5500rpm in 4th)
ThatTSXguy

Re: 06 TSX afr tuning help

Post by ThatTSXguy »

Here is the datalog as well!
Attachments
2nd to 4th pull TSX 6000 VTEC.fpdl
(75.2 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I'm not really sure who told you 13s for AFR is too lean, but around 13.1 or so is widely considered acceptable and perhaps optimal, with Hondata stating even leaner is fine (depending on application). Your AFR is fine, if anything they are only in the mid 13s for a split second and then down near 12.8. You need to make a datalog with a third gear wide open throttle (WOT) pull from 2500-7000. A full sweep like that will allow us to see the real afr curve. That and post the calibration you're running so we can look it over too.
ThatTSXguy

Post by ThatTSXguy »

Thanks soo much for the reply!! im hoping to learn as much as i can!! And here is the cal and datalog

i noticed that the AFR went up to mid 13s through the middle of the pull and deviated from the cmd afr is that maybe where i have to add more fuel?
also i read something about it being a good idea to install a wideband A: to compare afrs and B: to have a afr for the flashpro what do you think?
Attachments
TSX Basmap 6000 VTEC.fpcal
(16.69 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
TSX 3rd gear 2500 to 7000.fpdl
(4.97 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
ThatTSXguy

Post by ThatTSXguy »

Update: i recently installed brand new NGK iridiums and on the way home for about 30 mins i gained 4 knocks in cylinder 3 (ive been having issues with #3 for a while now) i only have a datalog of 3 of the knocks but it still worries me.

I am also trying to do the partial throttle tuning for the map sensor but i dont have a long enough flat open road to use here in winnipeg so thats trouble some XD. quick question though if i have a 0 10 25 40 50 table for the cam angles i presume i would tune the 09 degrees too right?

Anywho enough of that the datalog is linked and now im gonna stop stressing over not being able to figure this out XD
Attachments
30 Mins city driving TSX.fpdl
(3.2 MiB) Downloaded 104 times
ThatTSXguy

Post by ThatTSXguy »

So I started figuring out the fuel tables to a decent degree of success. Im slowly working on the partial fuel tables on 0 degrees low cam and work just like to post my current progress im kinda worried the graph is a bit too rough, maybe im making too specific changes and need to make changes over a wider area but im hoping its not too bad! after i finish the 0 degrees ill work on of course the 15 then 25 and then high cam! im also noticing that the lambda is suggesting 10 percent extra fuel as i dip a tiny bit into column 9 but ill do that after the partial throttle. anyways here are some datalogs and the calibration
Attachments
0 Degree run final.fpdl
(34.91 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
0 Degree Run 03.fpdl
(35.05 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
0 Degree run 02.fpdl
(26.75 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
0 Degree run 1.fpdl
(29.06 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
TSX Basmap 6000 VTEC 0 Degrees.fpcal
(16.68 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
ThatTSXguy

Post by ThatTSXguy »

Ok so update again ive been messing around with the calibration fuel map and i got something that i dont really know what to think. i realize me messing with it myself couldve caused issues but i think its all fine? im gonna post the result i have done myself and i hope it isnt too shitty... i made a 20 min datalog with some 3rd gear (WOT) as well

I apologize to making an extra forum post EFICU i didnt realize it was you mainly doing the flashpro calibrations side.

i dont want to sound pushy either i realize you are busy with all of the other people as well but i hope in time that you could look and what i came up with and then prolly just do one yourself for me xD anywho until the next reply :)
Attachments
TSX Personal Tune vtec 6000 degrees.fpcal
(16.77 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
TSX Personal Tune 20 mins.fpdl
(141.85 KiB) Downloaded 118 times