95 civic JDM k24a A/c NOT TURNING ON !

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
ejkcoupe

95 civic JDM k24a A/c NOT TURNING ON !

Post by ejkcoupe »

Hello i have a 1995 honda Civic and i cannot get my a/c compressor to kick on , only by jumping it

JDM k24a with NO vtec pressure switch/ so its blocked off and my connector is hanging.

Everytime i turn the a/c button on the fans come on, but the compressor does not kick on
it is wired just like hybrid racing's guide, it kick on when i add power to the compressor.

ive disabled multiplexer, vtec pressure switch, and checked USE VTP AS AC SWITCH.

Ive connected A15 BLK/RED on the (STOCK ECU CONN) to E18 (MINES IS EMPTY SLOT)on the (RSX ECU CONNECTOR) using the supplied yellow wire.

Ive Connected B5 BLU/RED wire on the (STOCK ECU CONN) to B9 a BLU/BLK (VTPSW) wire on the (RSX ECU CONNECTOR).

also one question . Do i need to ground the vtec pressure switch connector thats hanging inside my engine bay to get the compressor to work.

thank you !!!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 95 civic JDM k24a A/c NOT TURNING ON !

Post by Spunkster »

What is the part number of the ECU you are using?

Does the AC system have enough pressure to come on? There is a pressure switch which will not allow it to come on if there is not enough pressure.
ejkcoupe

Post by ejkcoupe »

37820-pnf-a03
2091-301262

i had it recharged by the specs of the stock 1995 civic ex ac badge under the hood 19 ounces, the new compressor had 3 ounces of pag precharged, ive replaced the evaportaor inside the car with a new oem one witha exspansion valve also the pressure switch is brand new

THANKS FOR THE REPLY!!
ejkcoupe

Post by ejkcoupe »

Spunkster wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:43 pm What is the part number of the ECU you are using?

Does the AC system have enough pressure to come on? There is a pressure switch which will not allow it to come on if there is not enough pressure.

37820-pnf-a03
2091-301262

i had it recharged by the specs of the stock 1995 civic ex ac badge under the hood 19 ounces, the new compressor had 3 ounces of pag precharged, ive replaced the evaportaor inside the car with a new oem one witha exspansion valve also the pressure switch is brand new

THANKS FOR THE REPLY!!
ejkcoupe

Post by ejkcoupe »

I’ve came across this , and was wondering since I have a jdm k24a with no pressure switch to ground the vtp, can I manually ground the black wire NOT the blu/black wire.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The engine will have nothing to do with this. It has to do with the AC system, wiring and the ECU used.
ejkcoupe

Post by ejkcoupe »

Spunkster wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:05 am The engine will have nothing to do with this. It has to do with the AC system, wiring and the ECU used.
by any chane would u know the spec capacity to charge 1995 civic coupe with a k swap ? do i charge based off the rsx ?

also still not getting any power to the compressor , only the condenser fans turn on when i hit the A/c button inside of the car,

thanks for the help !
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I do not have the specs for this.
ejkcoupe

Post by ejkcoupe »

All fixed and blowing 42’ degrees 🤣 yasss