K20Z1, I/H/E Tune help needed, log & kal attached

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
OmidiumRare

K20Z1, I/H/E Tune help needed, log & kal attached

Post by OmidiumRare »

Hello folks,

I need some help on my tune, I'm new to using kpro but I am getting adjusted fairly well I think. I have tried to use a few tunes:
-05 CAI tune from the vault, this one ran okay, had a few knocks from just city driving
-Tried to run the "05-06 RSX Type S - AEM cold air intake, Invidia Race header" pinned by Spunkster but my car wouldn't even start with that kal
-Currently on a slightly modified version of the CAI tune from keto06, I found the kal on ClubRSX I think?

Did a 3rd gear pull today getting onto the freeway, I can see my AFR's are all over the place from 3100-6300 RPM, but I can not figure out what is causing the knock. The pull is from 8 - 20 seconds on the kdl. Can someone take a look and let me know if there's something I should look at, something I should change, or even if I should be using a different calibration in general?

The knocks occur at the following times & RPM based on the csv version I downloaded:
7.875 3012
7.937 3029
19.078 7739
19.39 7845

Car:
2005 RSX Type-S
K20Z1

Mods:
Mugen Airbox
DCRH
Invidia Q300 exhaust

Any help is much appreciated!
Attachments
Z1 cal + (keto06).kal
(49.47 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
3rd gear.kdl
(586.78 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
CalibratEd

Re: K20Z1, I/H/E Tune help needed, log & kal attached

Post by CalibratEd »

The calibrations provided by Hondata are basemaps. The calibrations will need adjustments since they are more of a general start. Look over the datalog and fix the fuel. I noticed that a wot at some point you are at 14 a/f. After that find the spots where the knock occurs and reduce it by 2 degrees. I advise that you are careful when using other tunes as you can damage your engine by running it lean. It is best to use a basemap that you can then reduce the fuel and add timing rather than the opposite. Datalog the car again and see if the knocking has been removed after you have dialed in the fuel and reduced the timing.

-Ed