08 Civic SI basemap for HR CAI.

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

jdfoster02

08 Civic SI basemap for HR CAI.

Post by jdfoster02 »

Have a hybrid racing cai on the way that I'll be installing this weekend and hoping to get help with a base map. The vehicle is otherwise stock at the moment. I know I've seen a thread around here before, but the person helping told others to start their own thread to address data logging and such. Thanks in advance for the help. Hopefully I'll learn how to do all this myself once I get used to the tech.
B0BSK1

Re: 08 Civic SI basemap for HR CAI.

Post by B0BSK1 »

Hi bud welcome to the forum . I'm not a tuner but I'm going through the process just know you can see my thread

410cc base mapp required

So first off to make things easer for the tuners

Once you have installed your mods you will need to do a 20min drive with one 3rd gear pull from 2krevs to 8.5k revs . Rest of the journey dont cain it but go through the gears etc not just sitting steady

Then post your data log up

Wish you luck man
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

You'll need a proper basemap first to run the HR intake at all. If you try to run it on a base calibration using the MAF you will have a myriad of issues, none of which are fun.

Do you have plans for more mods down the road? If so, what is the timeline for them and what the are planned mods?
jdfoster02

Post by jdfoster02 »

I ordered flashpro with the hybrid racing cai to address that issue. Was just hoping someone had a tune for that as I didn't figure hondata would have that specific tune as one of their maps.

There will be additional mods in the very near future as I'm having a k24 block built within the next couple months and will have my current head refreshed and upgraded before putting it on the k24 block.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay, in that case I can start you on a basemap for that setup and it would take a couple revisions to get everything dialed. That would allow you to have some fun with it while you wait for your K24. Let me know if that works for you and I will get you the calibration to start.
jdfoster02

Post by jdfoster02 »

Definitely! I'll appreciate any/all the help I can get. 🙏
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay, here is the first one for you. For the datalogs, shoot for 20 minutes in length. On the drive, we need to make at least one clean third gear wide open throttle (WOT) pull from 2500-8600.
jdfoster02.SD.Rev01 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(22.99 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Last edited by EFICU on Sat May 14, 2022 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
jdfoster02

Post by jdfoster02 »

I was hoping to do so tomorrow, but I've been on call for my hospital and so far they're keeping me busy. Might end up being Tuesday as I'm going to go to Revline on Monday to plan out the build and that's an hour and a half away from me.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. Then go ahead and use the above calibration when you're ready. Be sure to upload it to the ECU before starting it with the HR intake, or else you will have some issues.
jdfoster02

Post by jdfoster02 »

Here's the approx. 20 min datalog. It's my first time recording one, so hopefully I captured everything you'll need. I did the 3rd gear pull as instructed. Thank you so much for your help!
Attachments
datalog1.fpdl
(6.62 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks really good for a start. The part throttle fuel was pretty much right on, the WOT fuel needed some adjustments. I also make some ignition adjustments for the knock. Take this one for a spin when you can, same datalog and driving style. We should be pretty close on this one.
jdfoster02.SD.Rev02 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(23.2 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
jdfoster02

Post by jdfoster02 »

Might be a minute before I get to that. I drove to the store later in the day without any issues, but when I returned to the car there wasn't power to anything. Had the battery checked. They said it was bad, so I replaced it but still didn't have power to anything. Guess I'll be figuring this issue out first.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Interesting. No problem, just keep me in the loop. Hopefully it's something simple.
jdfoster02

Post by jdfoster02 »

Well, I sanded the area where the ground strap was relocated to, but apparently not enough. I'll get the datalog in tomorrow
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. We'll see how it looks.