Flex Fuel only reading while cranking

FlashPro Manager software
ivanaguilar7x7

Flex Fuel only reading while cranking

Post by ivanaguilar7x7 »

Hello,
I recently wired in my flex fuel sensor, digital-to-analog adapter, and Science of Speed accessory power panel, and enabled it all correctly in Flashpro, but it is only detecting ethanol percentage when cranking, and at any other time it just reads 0%. When cranking its currently reading about 45% ethanol but as soon as it is started up it no longer reads and subsequently dies at idle from not enough fuel compensation, which I am expecting the ethanol fuel compensation table to account for. Any insight would be great.
Side notes:
Accessory Power Panel receives power from 12v Ignition Switched underneath the driver's side dash.
Sensor is grounded to subframe, sensor receives power from accessory panel, sends signal to digital-analog converter, which then sends signal to ECT2 pin.
Digital-analog converter also receives power from accessory panel, and is grounded to ECU ground. It is the KTuner Flex Fuel converter and the effective voltages set in Flashpro are 0.5V-4.5V as per Ktuner and SOS.
Secondary ECT disabled in Flashpro as well as ECT2 fan control.
ECT2 set as input for E85.
I have attached the most recent calibration and a datalog demonstrating the issue.
Attachments
E85 Part 1.fpcal
(10.28 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Flex Fuel Datalog Test.fpdl
(358.56 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
ivanaguilar7x7

Re: Flex Fuel only reading while cranking

Post by ivanaguilar7x7 »

Should also add, does not detect when key turned to Ignition at all, only when actually cranking.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Does your power source have power when running or only when cranking?
ivanaguilar7x7

Post by ivanaguilar7x7 »

I haven’t been able to confirm with a multimeter, but it is wired into the 12V switched source under the dash, I will attach a picture of where it is wired to and the power panel used is this: https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index.ph ... 00-09.html
Attachments
A6B9614F-CBAC-4106-AD6F-E1A03A26D45D.jpeg
A6B9614F-CBAC-4106-AD6F-E1A03A26D45D.jpeg (181.46 KiB) Viewed 693 times
ivanaguilar7x7

Post by ivanaguilar7x7 »

Forgot to add, I attempted to try connecting power to the 12V Constant as pointed to in the attached picture, and a datalog showed ethanol alternating between 0-1% with no consistency.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to check it with a multimeter. It should not have power when cranking, but have power once started.
ivanaguilar7x7

Post by ivanaguilar7x7 »

I went over all the wiring, all grounds are good, and I felt as though my wiring into ECT2 was not the best so I repinned it better, and now instead of 0 ethanol when running it is now detecting 100% ethanol (which I know for a fact is not the amount in the tank). I will attach a datalog.
Other notes, I called Ktuner as it is their flex fuel converter, and they said that I should not be receiving any voltage through the signal wire, which I believe I was. When actually measuring voltage output from the output wire of the converter, it shows 0.9-1.0, but the ECU through Flashpro is only showing 100% constant.
Attachments
Flex Fuel Datalog Test 2.fpdl
(123.24 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you done this:
ECT2 must be disabled & factory pin must be removed from the ECU connector
ivanaguilar7x7

Post by ivanaguilar7x7 »

Yes, factory pin removed and new pin coming from output of the converter wired in to ECT2, with ECT2 disabled in Flashpro.
After calling Ktuner, determined that the converter is not receiving a signal from the Flex Fuel sensor, and when that happens it shows a constant voltage that shows as 100% ethanol. Swapping that out tomorrow and will report back in case anybody runs into a similar issue.