CEL U0302 ECM/TCM version mismatch

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2010 CR-Z (US, Euro & Asia)
Outatime

Re: CEL U0302 ECM/TCM version mismatch

Post by Outatime »

Spunkster wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:25 am You need to return to stock before going to the dealer.
I need some clarification, but you are just talking about the "Return to Stock" option on FlashPro manager before they plug in the HDS? I don't need to take off any parts that I have installed, do I?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The ECU must be returned to stock from the online menu.
Outatime

Post by Outatime »

CR-Z is at the Hondata authorized Honda dealership, I spoke with a racing division employee which I guess is HPD. Anyway, they will take a look at the TCM issue. I set the CR-Z back to stock ECU factory settings using the FlashPro manager online menu before I brought it into service.

Even with the stock ECU factory tune, the same error was still showing up. I even tried almost all the CR-Z Hondata library of tunes with the same issue still showing up. This pretty much has confirmed that the TCM is likely outdated. I told them all the information I knew, they will get back with me on Monday, I'll give an update until then.
Outatime

Post by Outatime »

Got the CR-Z back from the dealer, the software update has cleared the TCM issue. However, at first when I flashed the car with the Sprintex tune, there was a check engine light but no dash error to be seen. I then datalogged with flashpro manager to see if error codes popped up, but there were none. I then decided to plug in my OBD2 reader and saw 2 codes that has to do with some other control modules, I cleared them and let the check engine light blink before disappearing. So far, I have not got any error codes after clearing and driving the vehicle.

I guess I'll create another post if there is a different issue related to the calibration after getting this TCM update, thanks for the help.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Thanks for the updates. You can clear codes to other modules using FlashProManager in the OBDII Diagnostics window, but the codes were probably from the reflash process and will go away on their own.
Hondata