does anyone have a 100 octane tune for a stock type s??

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
Carlos04rsx

does anyone have a 100 octane tune for a stock type s??

Post by Carlos04rsx »

hello everyone, i’m a new user here, i just bought some 100 octane vp race fuel because why not and i wanted to see if anyone has a tune for it. i checked the forums and people said that the car might benefit a tiny amount, but a tune is necessary. My car is running kpro v4, stock header, short ram air intake, and the exhaust is basically stock. for clarification on the exhaust, the previous owner had the stock exhaust redone and he switched out the resonator or cat that connects to the header and then the rest is basically 2” straight pipe. also the muffler broke off so it’s a muffler delete essentially, not sure if that makes much of a difference. TIA
CalibratEd

Re: does anyone have a 100 octane tune for a stock type s??

Post by CalibratEd »

Carlos04rsx wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:42 pm hello everyone, i’m a new user here, i just bought some 100 octane vp race fuel because why not and i wanted to see if anyone has a tune for it. i checked the forums and people said that the car might benefit a tiny amount, but a tune is necessary. My car is running kpro v4, stock header, short ram air intake, and the exhaust is basically stock. for clarification on the exhaust, the previous owner had the stock exhaust redone and he switched out the resonator or cat that connects to the header and then the rest is basically 2” straight pipe. also the muffler broke off so it’s a muffler delete essentially, not sure if that makes much of a difference. TIA
Welcome to the forum Carlos,

With 100 octane fuel you might see a light increase in power as you maybe able to run more timing. The only catch is if the car is tuned for 100 octane you will need to make sure to continue run the same fuel.

To put it into perspective if you tune a car on 93 octane and then fill it with 87 you will see knock.

Reach out if you need any assistance with ETuning.

-Ed