2011 Si flashpro ECU connection problems.

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
SprocketR

2011 Si flashpro ECU connection problems.

Post by SprocketR »

Hey everyone!

I'm pretty new to the community, as just a month or two ago I picked up a used Civic 2011 Si. I've been doing a lot of research, I put an Invidia Q300 on there, and then last week I bought a flashpro. Since receiving it I've been having issues trying to get any sort of tune onto my car and I can't figure out why.

Let me describe my issue. I plug my flashpro into my laptop. I can put a tune onto the flashpro no issue, and I've registered and locked my flashpro to the ECU. The issue comes when trying to connect to my car. I plug into OBD2. It detects my car just fine, OBD2 check mark, VIN, my voltage, and everything; however, even with my ignition switched to on, my ECU shows not detected. The car runs just fine, no sign to me that there's any issue with the ECU. No check engine light, and today I went through and checked everything I could see both in the engine bay and under the steering wheel/dash. No loose grounds or connectors that I can see, and I went through both fuse boxes.

The weird thing is, I got it to connect to my ECU (green checkmark next to ECU) a couple of times in a row a few days ago, but as soon as it connected all my info under the flashpro tab disappeared and my calibration section went blank. I also just disconnected the battery for a bit to give the ECU a reset and still no luck. On top of that, I've tried not using the computer and just pressing the flashpro program button with my car in the on position with the power light solid, but the program light wouldn't come on (I loaded the maps on the flashpro before hand). The car does have an aftermarket head unit the previous owner installed. Any way that (improper) wiring of a head unit could cause this sort of issue?

One other sorta related question. Is the USB light supposed to stay on on the flashpro even after I unplug from USB when its plugged into OBD2? I'm trying to root out the possibility of the unit itself being bad, and since I've never worked with one before, I'm not sure what is normal behavior for it and that seemed sorta odd to me. I know the previous owner ran a flashpro on the vehicle so its even more confusing why I would be having issues, so that's why I want to make sure.

I'm sure there's something I'm leaving out so I'll add more if I remember later. I know there's not some sort of clear cut answer anyone can give me and I'm asking a lot of questions, but I'd appreciate anything just to point me in some sort of direction because after today I'm just about out of ideas on what I could do or what's even causing the issue. I'll keep looking for more info to try and work things out, and if you have any questions for me, I'd be happy to answer!

Thanks,
Sprocket
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 2011 Si flashpro ECU connection problems.

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend that you try plugging the FlashPro into a different vehicle to see if it can detect the in that vehicle.

With everything plugged in and the ignition in the on position, go to the Help menu and click on “send feedback”. Include a detailed description of the issue.
SprocketR

Post by SprocketR »

Spunkster wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:29 am I would recommend that you try plugging the FlashPro into a different vehicle to see if it can detect the in that vehicle.

With everything plugged in and the ignition in the on position, go to the Help menu and click on “send feedback”. Include a detailed description of the issue.
Ok, I'll work on doing that hopefully sometime today or tomorrow. I'm not sure if this means much, but I also tested my car with an OBD2 scanner, and it was able to connect and read everything from my ECU just fine so I'm assuming that there's probably no way it a wiring issue? When it comes to plugging into a different vehicle, would it also have to also be another 8th gen si? If so, I don't know anyone else who has an 8th gen right now.

Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It can be any supported vehicle that can use a FlashPro.