kpro will not upload, update drivers, and fails on USB test.

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
gotsvtak

kpro will not upload, update drivers, and fails on USB test.

Post by gotsvtak »

Car: 1997 Honda civic dx
Engine: k24a2
Transmission: 02-04 rsx type s
ECU: PRB (HAmotorsports #61607)

So, this build is basically complete minus a couple items (intake and a few little odds and ends) Hooked kpro up and it is online with ignition on as well but every time I attempt to upload a calibration, I get a failed to upload, whenever I attempt to test usb it also fails and even when I try to update drivers that also fails. The fuel pump will not prime, but that issue seems very minimal based off everything else going on. Main relay was changed just in case has it was making a really bad buzzing sound. I have reinstalled and attempted everything I could research and find. Any help at this point would be great.

Thanks,
Matt
gotsvtak

Re: kpro will not upload, update drivers, and fails on USB test.

Post by gotsvtak »

Forgot to mention even doing the trouble shoots also fails, Online, Tools Clear security.
gotsvtak

Post by gotsvtak »

So, after some trial and error the main relay was not getting ground, I manually grounded it and it fired right up. So my question now is will repin the relay and just attaching my own ground affect anything? I cannot locate the bad ground inside or out.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The ECU grounds the main relay. What usually happens is that someone does not realize that the ECU grounds the relay rather then supplying +12V, so they wire the main (and usually fuel) relay ECU output to +12V. The ECU tries to ground +12V, burns out the output transistor and those outputs never work again, so the relay has to be switched some other way.
Hondata
gotsvtak

Post by gotsvtak »

Thank you so much for the reply back and the knowledge. After messing around with it I noticed there was a 40A fuse in number 54 under hood (optional security system). unplugged that fuse and now the main relay works as it should with it getting ground and priming fuel pump!