EG K20 swap help required

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
iksan12

EG K20 swap help required

Post by iksan12 »

Hello to everyone !
I just bought already swapped EG hatch with K20A2 motor and i have few questions since this is my first Honda vehicle.
The mods that the car has are DC header 4-2-1 and cold air intake.
The car is equiped with Conversion harness from Hybrid racing and as far as im aware and a PNF ecu with Kpro v2 .
I have noticed that knock sensor and reverse lock switch are disconnected.
The car wont start because it needs tunning and im afraid to flash a base calibration from the list of provided ones, because there is no suitable calibration for the PNF ECU and K20a2. There is available base calibrations only for A3 and i dont want to burn something thats why im writing this post.
Can anybody guide me what is the input pin for the wideband for this ECU? I have AEM wideband at hand ...
I have noticed that knock sensor and reverse lock switch are disconnected as well .
When i connect the car to the kmanager it gives me 4 DTCS - VSS , secondary o2 circuit , ETM high voltage and some code related to multiplexer or something.
I hope that someone can help me out so i can enjoy my new vehicle.
Thanks for the attention.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: EG K20 swap help required

Post by Spunkster »

There is no input on the K-Pro to run closed loop with an after market wideband. This is only possible with a version 4 K-Pro.

You can upload a calibration for a K20a2 to a PNF ECU.

You need to resolve any disconnected or missing sensors and or disable any errors you are getting as a result of the sensors not being there.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Also, with a PNF ECU the reverse lock out will not work.

- Ed
iksan12

Post by iksan12 »

Spunkster wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:42 am There is no input on the K-Pro to run closed loop with an after market wideband. This is only possible with a version 4 K-Pro.

You can upload a calibration for a K20a2 to a PNF ECU.

You need to resolve any disconnected or missing sensors and or disable any errors you are getting as a result of the sensors not being there.
Hello Spunkster i really appreciate the time to look and help me out. On the second search i have found that i dont have any oxygen sensor connected to the ECU , the conversion harness provides a plug for primary and secondary o2 sensors but what should i do now , what part number sensors should i order to rectify the problem ? So you are telling me even if i put the original sensor the car wont be able to be calibrated in closed loop ? How am i able to tune the car than ? Thanks
iksan12

Post by iksan12 »

CalibratEd wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:15 pm Also, with a PNF ECU the reverse lock out will not work.

- Ed
Thank you Ed , cheers bro !
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must use an OEM primary wideband sensor. You cannot use an aftermarket sensor for this.
iksan12

Post by iksan12 »

Thanks !