Software Tables For electronic wastegate control

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
jpierro79

Software Tables For electronic wastegate control

Post by jpierro79 »

Hello my name is John and I am the owner of Fk8 Tuning and Development. I am messaging here because Doug suggested that this would be a more direct way of contacting the software team.
I currently have the 2018 Civic Type R that just made 757whp. However due to the nature of the hood exit exhaust the g30-900 tends to respond faster than the electronic wastegate can while running less that 28 PSI. If you could be so kind as to look into these software tables that would be greatly appreciated.

Civic Type R 2017-2018 years

1. Wastegate PID (This was I can better control turbocharger boost pressure on ported cylinder heads and smaller quick spooling turbos)

2. Is it possible to eliminate the electronic wastegate so more turbocharger options can be used? The ability to use other styles of wastegate will greatly open turbocharger possibilities.

3.Is it possible to add a single wire as an output on the ecu to control a 3 port solenoid. This way. the ecu can still control boost pressure using duty cycle.

If needed I will test these tables in order to confirm function.

On a separate request. Is there any information that is available on using a Quafe sequential while running Hondata. I am trying to verify how to properly create the ignition cut on upshift. I know that the Spoon Sports car used a Quafe Sequential and was running Hondata Software.

Thank you sincerely 
John Pierro
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Software Tables For electronic wastegate control

Post by Hondata »

1, You probably don't want to change the PID (which it does not seem to have anyhow) but the feed forward tables. There's about 30 tables that may be feed forward so if we were to look at this it would take some time in testing to determine what each one does.
2. Unplug it and disable the error codes. If anything else relies on the WG then it may affect other components of the ECU control.
3. Sorry, no.
4. Gearbox. Sorry, no.
Hondata