No knock at WOT but high knock control at low rpm low load

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
kadireren

No knock at WOT but high knock control at low rpm low load

Post by kadireren »

hi,
Before I am going crazy, I wanted to ask help from you guys. Here is my cal file and datalog. As you can see Knock control stays rock solid at WOT from 80kmh to 210 kmh but around 1700 rpm and below zero psi boost while cruising knock control starts to increase all the way up to the 0.85-0.90. İf I give some gas and boost it starts to decline. I really don't understand why it is like that and what is the remedy??

Car: 2018 civic 1.5 cvt hatchback
Mods: just MST cold air intake and Rev9 intercooler
Fuel: 95 RON
Attachments
6 base peak 22 plus 1 timing.fpcal
(18.58 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
log 6 psi pik 22 avans 1 100-200 ve knock problemlı.fpdl
(4.12 MiB) Downloaded 88 times
janemar

Re: No knock at WOT but high knock control at low rpm low load

Post by janemar »

Its a bug. Some versions have it some dont.

Anyway, try switch back the MAF calibration to the default stock MAF sensor. Then observe if that will fox your low rpm/load knock issue
kadireren

Post by kadireren »

Thanks for the reply. I also read your previous posts about it.
I tried stock maf calibration,too but it didn't make a difference. Besides I have a MST cold air intake so even though I use the stock maf calibration, fuel trims are different than stock intake. Maybe because of that it doesn't make a difference. I had used Ktuner before and it had the same problem,too. But with stock intake and stock maf calibration were a lot better than this. With Mst and stock maf with Ktuner was also better sometimes. It is so weird because it doesn't happen all the time. But most obvious thing is knock control increases only if I keep the throotle like %26 tps around 1500-1700 rpm zero boost or just under zero boost with steady speed between 90-110 km/h which is the way travel most of the time. Above zero psi or above 2000 rpm or at Wot there isn't any increase,just opposite that it decreases if it is above 0.54. I don't know what to do because they say killing ignition doesn't help, either.
gcapraz

Post by gcapraz »

try to increase (10-20-30%) value of knock sensivity tables (1-4 and 2-3) until 3000 rpm. Around these area knock sensor so aggressively sensible. Even your engine does not have knock, it can feel other noises or things.
janemar

Post by janemar »

1. Yes, dont change the ignition tables just because of this issue. It will just ruin your response and fuel economybespecially at those low rpm/load.

2. I would suggest you play with the maf calibration. Try to richen or lean out your maf calibration on those rpm range. 1000-2000rpm.

3.i would not touch the knock sensitivity tables cause it is your last defence against "actual" knock! Besides, ive fixed my issue by playing with maf settings so i know thats where the bug or problem is.
kadireren

Post by kadireren »

I tried to lean out or richen the maf scaling especially from 1.91v to 2.4v where the knock usually increase but it did not affect it much. Can you send a datalog which ı can look at your scatter plot of afmV and short term trims. A calibration file and list of mods will also be appreciated. Thanks.
Ludo 262

Post by Ludo 262 »

Hello Guys,

Have you found a solution to this problem ?
I have the same issue with my 16' CVT (Europe).
Everything is stock, just a PRL Flexfuel kit and sometimes I have this kind of "kick" at low rpm in "D" mode...
Nothing in "S" at higher rpm but it's not a good way for driving everyday.

Attached a short log from my car.

Thanks a lot for your help !
Attachments
datalog0004.fpdl
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
yitndaox

Post by yitndaox »

You may try reverting the MAF sensor's calibration to its factory settings. Try it, and see if the low rpm/loadbasketball stars knock problem disappears.
2907958682@qq.com

Post by 2907958682@qq.com »

Hello, have you resolved the knock control issue? Now my car is also in the same situation. The L15B engine may experience detonation or misfire at speeds of 80-90 (around 1500 rpm), but I have checked my car and found no problems. Even though I replaced the spark plug and ignition coil, the problem has not been resolved. When I used the ktuner before, the situation was the same as now. If it is resolved, could you please tell me how to solve it