Date and Time of a Data Log

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
carloverx

Date and Time of a Data Log

Post by carloverx »

Sorry for the stupid question, but can someone tell me where to find the date and or time a data log was recorded? (Bonus question: Can you tell me where the recent/temporary data logs are saved on the laptop?). Fwiw, "date" only appears twice in the Hondata Kmanager help documentation.

Thanks!
carloverx

Re: Date and Time of a Data Log

Post by carloverx »

carloverx wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:06 pm Sorry for the stupid question, but can someone tell me where to find the date and or time a data log was recorded? (Bonus question: Can you tell me where the recent/temporary data logs are saved on the laptop?). Fwiw, "date" only appears twice in the Hondata Kmanager help documentation.

Thanks!
Really? Nothing? No one's ever needed to know the date or time a log was recorded? What am I missing?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Right click the file and you can go to properties and see when it was created. I'm not sure what you mean by temporary datalog files. When you save them you can choose where on the hard drive to save them.
carloverx

Post by carloverx »

By temporary, I mean: if I hit F9 and record a datalog, but then close that log without saving it, that datalog is gone because its file was temporary. As opposed to the permanent file created when you manually save the datalog to the hard drive.

So if I'm understanding correctly: If I record a datalog, while driving/tuning, unless I immediately save each log, I will have no record of the date or time of when the datalog was recorded?

For example: if I'm driving the car during the day and hitting record a few times in different scenarios, when I get home to review the logs and save the helpful ones, I guess I have no idea which of those multiple logs was recorded during the morning vs. afternoon etc?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

They are only saved once you save them with a name to the hard drive. You should save them as you make them.
MondeCruel

Post by MondeCruel »

If you go -> settings -> datalog -> click on "autosave datalog", you can choose to have date and time as name of the file.
carloverx

Post by carloverx »

MondeCruel wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:27 pm If you go -> settings -> datalog -> click on "autosave datalog", you can choose to have date and time as name of the file.
Awesome, this is very helpful.