K-Pro: To A2 or not to A2...that is the question

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
WPB EP3

K-Pro: To A2 or not to A2...that is the question

Post by WPB EP3 »

If I were to upgrade to K-Pro, is there any advantages or disadvantages to upgrading an A2 vs A3 ECU to a K-Pro??

I have an A3 ECU right now, but wouldnt mind purchasing an A2 ECU if it was worth it.

Thanks,

Evan
02SilverSiHB

Re: K-Pro: To A2 or not to A2...that is the question

Post by 02SilverSiHB »

WPB EP3 wrote:If I were to upgrade to K-Pro, is there any advantages or disadvantages to upgrading an A2 vs A3 ECU to a K-Pro??

I have an A3 ECU right now, but wouldnt mind purchasing an A2 ECU if it was worth it.

Thanks,

Evan
get the a2 ecu. it has the reverse lock out for when you go with the a2 swap.
07 Si Sedan
WPB EP3

Post by WPB EP3 »

thanks bro,

any other reasons anyone can think of?

forgot to also ask:
If i decide to get impatient and just upgrade my existing a3 and later on I do swap to a2, then could I send in my kproed a3 ecu along with an a2 ecu and have Hondata switch it for me for a price I presume?

thnx,

Evan
Razathorn

Re: K-Pro: To A2 or not to A2...that is the question

Post by Razathorn »

02SilverSiHB wrote:
WPB EP3 wrote:If I were to upgrade to K-Pro, is there any advantages or disadvantages to upgrading an A2 vs A3 ECU to a K-Pro??

Thanks,

Evan
get the a2 ecu. it has the reverse lock out for when you go with the a2 swap.
Yes, this is a requirement. It is almost impossible hitting 5th or 6th correctly without the lockout in place. Try it some time in a type-s rsx when it's parked, try to go from 4th to 5th or 5th to 6th -- no fun!

I imagine there is something you could easily wire up off an existing output with a relay that would provide the functionality of the reverse lock out, but having an a2 ecu is best.
WPB EP3

Post by WPB EP3 »

I understand, thank you.

I will be running K-Pro on my turbocharged A3 to start.

I'll go ahead and get an RSX type-S ECU to be upgraded then.

Next question, lol
It should be fine for me to go ahead and get 650cc injectors right? Im running a CN stg 1 kit where 550cc are fine. The point of 650s...is....well....I'm gonna want to upgrade turbos when I do the a2 swap.

Since there isnt a basempa for 650s for 10psi CN kit, Can I start at the 550 map?

Evan
02SilverSiHB

Post by 02SilverSiHB »

WPB EP3 wrote:I understand, thank you.

Next question, lol
It should be fine for me to go ahead and get 650cc injectors right? Im running a CN stg 1 kit where 550cc are fine. The point of 650s...is....well....I'm gonna want to upgrade turbos when I do the a2 swap.

Since there isnt a basempa for 650s for 10psi CN kit, Can I start at the 550 map?

Evan
you'll want the rc 650cc injectors vice the 550 low impedence that cn gives out...also the 650cc lower the duty cycle safely at higher boost levels
07 Si Sedan
WPB EP3

Post by WPB EP3 »

02SilverSiHB wrote:
WPB EP3 wrote:I understand, thank you.

Next question, lol

Evan
you'll want the rc 650cc injectors vice the 550 low impedence that cn gives out...also the 650cc lower the duty cycle safely at higher boost levels
true, so which calibration would be best to start? Ep3 CN 10psi 550s or RSX-S stg1 10psi 650s?

btw, i was talking about high impedance injectors only, 650 vs 550(as in, getting a new set of H/I 550s.

I like your point about injector duty cycle, i def agree. thnx bro

Evan
02SilverSiHB

Post by 02SilverSiHB »

well, if you do get the a2, then use the a2 cn tune for 650cc injectors. That's what I am using. It works just fine. Well, until I added this ground zero intake manifold...a lot more air is coming in and leaning it out. I get cut a lot. I can't for the tune on Friday.

Anyway, if you use kpro on your current a3 with the 550cc, I would use the revhard tune...I didn't see one for the a3 using the cn turbo. But it seems like someone should have the a3, kpro, and cn turbo that may have a tune for you to use
07 Si Sedan
WPB EP3

Post by WPB EP3 »

Yeah, there is a CN stg1 A3 550cc calibration, Ill probably start there. Being that I'll have 650s, Ill have my work cut out for me. I'm assuming with 650s on the 550 calibration Ill be running rich if anything, so thats fine...I'll tune from there.

So Ill start with A2 ECU Kpro upgrade on my A3 CN stg1 kit w/RC 650's utilizing the CN 10 psi A3 550cc calibration and tune from there.

Does this sounds right?

I'm 99% sure there is a CN 10psi A3 550cc calibration
02SilverSiHB

Post by 02SilverSiHB »

WPB EP3 wrote:Yeah, there is a CN stg1 A3 550cc calibration, Ill probably start there. Being that I'll have 650s, Ill have my work cut out for me. I'm assuming with 650s on the 550 calibration Ill be running rich if anything, so thats fine...I'll tune from there.

So Ill start with A2 ECU Kpro upgrade on my A3 CN stg1 kit w/RC 650's utilizing the CN 10 psi A3 550cc calibration and tune from there.

Does this sounds right?

I'm 99% sure there is a CN 10psi A3 550cc calibration
no, I checked over and over. There's only one for the a2...using the 550cc or 650cc.

I'm sure you might be okay with a revhard one to start off with.

hopefully you won't have idle issues...even though you can change the fuel trim to show 650 for the 550cc tune...it may not idle right. If it doesn't follow hondata's steps to tuning that issues...it's under guamrsx's post about surging rpms
07 Si Sedan