S200 and Rom4 questions connecting

ROM Editor 4 tuning software questions and answers.
mjfubar101

S200 and Rom4 questions connecting

Post by mjfubar101 »

just trying to clarify can the rom4 be used to access a s200? I believe this can be done, I am more specifically asking about the free version and just a usual USB to serial cable?
All I am trying to do is change my LC and FTS but the button won't work.
I understand that I wont be able to do any tunning or anything without purchasing R4.
I used to use hondalogger and it worked great but after the last tune with R4 of course I cant use it any longer.
Is there any settings that have to be set for it to connect as well?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

To use RE4 to datalog your s200 must be tuned with RE4. You can then go into the settings ad select what com port you wish to datalog through jsut as you did in older versions of Romeditor and Hondalogger. IF you do not have datalogging then this will not work.
mjfubar101

Post by mjfubar101 »

So I can datalog with romeditor 4 if i was tuned with romedited 4 if I have datalogging enabled on the S200? Even if I have the free version provided from Hondata?
3. In order for 3-step functions to be usable and updatable by the end user, the options must be enabled and the outputs they wish to use must be selected when the EEPROM is burned.
After reading this I must also be sure that the tuner enabled my 3step when the EEprom was burned. Correct.
I tried to connect to the computer but was unable regarless of what comport i used. But when i went inside i noticed that new button were now able to be used such as the record, start datalogging and another i believe info.
I might of just not had it configured correctly at the time.